Recommended Tyres for 195/55/16 stock rims

AzZaMaTaZ

definetly go the 205/50/16 they are a wider tyre a will look good with the lower profile - if you can afford them go bridgstone or michellin but if not depending on what you wanna spend it is really all the same

You can pay top dollar for a name brand tyre or pay a more reasonable price for a generice tyre with no name on it

how about performance? a wider tyre will make the steering harder right? im not sure what what size ill get but im definately getting semi slicks once my turanza run out... which is gonna be pretty soon the way they are lasting now... hehehe TJ u know what i mean...

nads got the semi's on his car now... awesome... what more can i say :D

yeh picked up a set of falken azenis for $200 at track...

60% tread... awesome deal!

goes hard... stiffer cos tyres are wider and fatter but the car absolutely hammers...

i cant wait till i get them on my car...

my cars already pretty damn awesome in handling now... time to take it to OP :P

With 205/50/16's, you'll have a diameter that is 9.5mm less than with 195/55/16's on the same wheel.

In other words, you'll go from 620.9mm overall wheel/tyre height to 611.4mm, a variance of only -2%. This is probably less than the error in the speedo so shouldn't change it's accuracy to any measurable extent.

But to answer your question, yes - to travel the same actual road distance the wheels will have to rotate through 2% further than the narrower tyres.

edit----

PS. If they'd fit the 6inch rim, a set of 225/45/16's are also only -2% shorter in overall height than stock, same as the 205's...

PPS. On 17 inch rims, the best match are 235/40's - almost 0% variance from stock (actually 1.1 mm shorter).

What are the stock tyres worth each?? You guys reckon they are worth putting back on??

$225 per tyre? are u serious? thats crazy... i reckon our tyres are absolutely crappy... clio sport's get michelin pilot sx... i could get semi slicks for $225 a tyre...

What are the stock tyres worth each?? You guys reckon they are worth putting back on??

$225 per tyre? are u serious? thats crazy... i reckon our tyres are absolutely crappy... clio sport's get michelin pilot sx... i could get semi slicks for $225 a tyre...

but semi-slicks last for what 10-15k? i know what u mean but perhaps its a different comparison? obviously the grin would be much much bigger tho!! :D

the michelin pilot SX isn't that good either. very quiet tyre, not bad in the dry. but crap in the wet.

we my friends michelin on his clip have lasted 5 trackdays and like 30-40 times at the old pac... whihc is hectic i can tell ya how much OP rips up ur tyres...

30000kms... my tyres have done like 5500km and they are seriously like 60% left

• 2 years later...

sorry to bring this old post up again...

but is the stock tyres reeeaaally ****??

sydneys been raining like for a wk already... and i realised.. ive been sliding on the road for the past few days... (its fun tho :lol: )

u turns... car park....

and wheel spin all the time......

is the tyre that bad??

i think its the stock wheels.. coz i see the new rollas r using the same one...

The stock tyres are decent in the dry, but when it starts raining, they turn to sh*t.

Was going into a roundabout a tad fast (but slower than I would have compared to dry weather), and the car started understeering.. <_<

I've hit 52,000kms..

Tyres still have some life on them though...

What's the widest tyre you can throw onto 6"?

195mm :)

So that means you cant throw a 205/50/R16 or 205/55/R16 on the the sportivo rims???

Then what are those guys at the beginning of the post talking about then? Im confused. :o