Eonon GA5146F Head unit - Reversing Camera not working

Hi guys,

I just installed on my Presara 2010 a new Eonon GA5146F head unit with navigation and all seems to be working well. Except when I enter the reverse gear this unit does not connect to the factory fitted camera. I think the camera line is not connected in the harness provided.

Details of the unit is at http://www.eonon.com/Android-Car-GPS/Vehicle-Specific-GPS/GA5164F.html

While waiting for Eonon to respond, I am trying to figure out the wiring from the camera so that I can connect it to the input of the unit.

if some one can help me figure out the wiring in different DIN connectors in the navigation/stereo area, it is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Hi just check, when you put the car on reverse will the LCD change?

there can be 2 things to check, is it a power problem or a video fault.

If you put the car on reverse and the LCD is not changing then you are not getting switching from the revering gear switch.

Also just wanted to know if it picks up all the local Aust radio?

and did you had to bye a new GPS sim For Australia? Or it came with one?

thanks

mmm somewhere in my dim brain when we changed our head unit in our Presara earlier this year something about standard unit in our Presara being a JBL head unit was said when we were choosing our unit..we went with a sweet Clarion head unit and had Monster install it..all is perfect...as Jacko said try the rev switching or maybe something came loose in harness connections? Hope it's an easy find and fix so you can get back to enjoying the cruising, 

KAA

I have the same Eonon unit and the reversing camera video input is an RCA connector. I'm pretty sure you can't use your original reversing camera plug with this unit. The harness that are provided connect to your original Toyota harnesses, but only for power and speakers. The reversing camera wires are on a separate plug entirely, and the socket is unique to the original Toyota head-unit you removed. You can still use your original camera but you'd likely have to cut off the connector and put an RCA connector on the end.

On 18 June 2016 at 10:05 PM, jacko16 said:

Hi just check, when you put the car on reverse will the LCD change?

there can be 2 things to check, is it a power problem or a video fault.

If you put the car on reverse and the LCD is not changing then you are not getting switching from the revering gear switch.

Also just wanted to know if it picks up all the local Aust radio?

and did you had to bye a new GPS sim For Australia? Or it came with one?

thanks

Thanks Jacko,

No, there is no change in the LCD and yes, it seems it does not get the switching signal.

All radio stations picked up without any issue and the unit runs Google maps via my phone hotspot and I also installed OSMAnd the free app that works to be fine without the internet connection. So the short answer is Ididnot buy a GPS Sim.

Cheers!

Thanks KAA, Full-throttle, Texasflysuperstar.

I will look into the adaptor before cutting off the DIN connector.

Cheers!

Edited by Westlofty

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I managed to get a connector ordered through Autobarn http://aerpro.com/apvty01 which was specifically for the Aurion to connect a factory fitted camera to a aftermarket camera. After spending time time to take the head unit out I realised the connector was different as the MY is different.

In the mean time I realised that the head unit is not connecting to my iPhone hotspot automatically wanting me to connect manually every time. So Google maps was not working.

Also the audio quality is comparatively low compared to the original Fujitsu unit which is now 6 years old and the Eonon unit takes a lot longer to start up, too

I decided to cut the loss and return the unit back to Eonon which cost me $73.00 via Auspost / EMS tracked courier. Unit has been returned and I am for the cost of the unit to be refunded via PayPal.

Thanks everyone for offering your knowledge.

Cheers!

No such problems with the Avin unit I installed in our Aurion. 2 Second start time and offline maps. The sound quality is good for what it is, but I didn't get it for that. Has nothing on our Harman Kardon system in our other car tho.