ZZE122 Corolla - OEM Stereo in HELP mode

HI everyone, I have a query about my stereo, whether it is salvageable,  and if not, what to replace it with. 

I have a 2004 Corolla Wagon (ZZE122R) – the stereo (08600-00974 or 00971, with 32804 on the front) is in 'HELP' mode.

Following instructions in various links around the net, I can move the stereo into SEC mode. These same links indicate my inputting the pin will take it out of SEC mode. However, when I go into this Tune up and 1 buttons, the three dashes are accompanied by an ‘up’ arrow. Inputting the three numbers can be followed by Tune Down and 1 button, which has three dashes accompanied by a ‘down’ arrow. This indicates as per this link and this link for an older stereo that there is maybe a six digit code? If so, are they the same for all Fujitsu Ten stereos?

I have the Pin, which appears not to work (The pin has been confirmed by the Dealership the vehicle was purchased from brand new. They confirmed it to me without prompting).

Options
Essentially Resetting the stereo will cost $66, as they have to plug it into a machine that has a limited number of resets available (after which they have to send it off to have more resets programmed in or something – almost like a prepay phone lol).

At this point, either my Stereo is buggered (replace it), the Pin has been changed since  the first owner (reset it or replace it) after which it may be buggered anyway (F***! Replace it lol), or there is perhaps a six digit code that I have missed. Any options, advice or confirmation regarding a possible six digit unlock number would be muchly appreciated – thanks!

(PS I have considered replacing stereo if resetting this one without having to pay $$$ is not a go, if that is the case, this thread will evolve into a ‘what am I replacing this with?’ )

Edited by Sick Puppy

Just about all the fujitsu radio's that i have worked on do not have a code supplied or turned on from the factory, it is a user option to activate the security code and  the 3 digit number is chosen when activating this option so i doubt the dealer would have it.

Having the the dealer or fujistsu ten resetting the radio is normally the only option if you want to keep this stereo.

As above though, I have the PIN (or at least the one written in the use manual is the same as the one the dealer told me) - if you check the links for Kiloxray and Toyota repair 9, there is mention of a six digit unlock number, hence my asking here?

Edited by Sick Puppy

The 6 digit number you want is the master key and will factory reset the radio, this is what toyota use.

Essentially Resetting the stereo will cost $66, as they have to plug it into a machine that has a limited number of resets available (after which they have to send it off to have more resets programmed in or something – almost like a prepay phone lol).

I know that no machine is required to input the master key, just follow " Kiloxray" information but the master key is model dependant

You could try contacting fujitsu ten and see if they will give you the code... unlikely but worth a try....

• 2 weeks later...

I dunno, I mean, the code to enter digits from HELP to SEC has three dashes with an Up arrow, and can aldo get a Down arrow too:

HELP Mode
aa3a0d39-e202-4206-98dc-22a9c7b37a41.jpg
From there, pressing 1 4 6 and Power takes up to SEC mode; and 
Pressing Seek track and 1 - I thought it was Tune up and 1, remembered wrong (nothing happens) results in Arrow up:
99988af0-eae5-4d51-a9a7-54ba4e597311.jpg
Enter digits, and then Arrow Down:
e3a8b8af-80e6-42e9-ab85-c5d2dbd8dcee.jpg
Press Scan button - straight to Errx (x being the number of failed attempts)   
So far I have tried the last six digits, and the last three digits twice, and the Pin twice.

• 1 year later...