Current Oil Specials

On 6/6/2020 at 8:22 AM, campbeam said:

40% discount on all 10 litre engine oils

It would be better if the manufacturers made them in sizes that help us. The price for the 10L is great but you'll still be short that litre or two so you'll end up having to spend more to save. Kind of defeats the purpose and is very frustrating. 

10lt drums are a waste for most. Why don't they market a 12lt for example I wonder ??

10 litre drums are ideal for 4WDs Engine Refill capacity for a Nissan Patrol is 10.5 litres. Only know this because my son mentioned that he uses 10 litres for an oil change.

Engine Refill capacity for a Holden Commodore V6 is 7 litres and 6.8 litres for a similar Ford.

2x10 litres = 3 oil changes for the Aurion [plus occasional  top ups, if required].

• Like 1

Wow ! Expensive owning a Patrol.

For the Aurion you would have to buy another 10 litre to make it work, but it gets expensive if it's not on special.

Holden and Ford owners would have to buy bulk too.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

OOOOHHH NO!!!!..now I am dragged back in as well for next service..I think I have 5 litre pack left in garage but at that price will grab a few more 

Thanks Tony..as always appreciated

KAA

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

"just when I thought I was out. They pull me back in"  :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Almost pulled back in. Got very tempted looking at the 6 litre and 10 litre packs then I remembered that I have recently done oil changes.

Still got lots of oils on hand and running out of storage space.

19 minutes ago, campbeam said:

Still got lots of oils on hand and running out of storage space.

I didn't pull the trigger Ash, but it was tempting. I have plenty for now. 

There will be more specials.

• Like 1

On 7/30/2020 at 5:49 PM, Tony Prodigy said:

Now I don't know what to do...

I'm having a supplementary oil change this coming Friday, and I was going to use engine oil that I had previously purchased "Shell Helix Ultra X 5W30 SN+" (https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/shell-shell-helix-ultra-x-engine-oil-5w-30-5-litre/591785.html?cgid=SCA01070403#prefn1=srgBrand&prefv1=Shell&sz=60&start=4)

I might ring Supercheap Menai and see if they have any of the Nulon in stock..........  

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Novicebutnice said:

Currently some Shell and some Nulon engine oils are on special at Supercheap!!!

None of the 6 Lt containers are on sale only some the 5 Lt. This will then have you either buying 2 or more to help make the 6 litres you'll need then you'll have an odd amount left. I like to wait until the 6 Lt cans go on sale and get a couple. Shouldn't be much longer I reckon. I still have plenty in stock so I can wait. 

Even though the dry fill for the 2GR-FE is 6.1lt, the 6lt container is more than enough to get it over the "full" mark.

17 minutes ago, Tony Prodigy said:

None of the 6 Lt containers are on sale only some the 5 Lt. This will then have you either buying 2 or more to help make the 6 litres you'll need then you'll have an odd amount left. I like to wait until the 6 Lt cans go on sale and get a couple. Shouldn't be much longer I reckon. I still have plenty in stock so I can wait. 

Even though the dry fill for the 2GR-FE is 6.1lt, the 6lt container is more than enough to get it over the "full" mark.

I only need 4.4 L for my car so I have some spare oil (from previous oil changes) if you want to try the Shell helix Ultra 5W30 ECT  :smile:

Edited by Novicebutnice

19 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Here's me thinking you have an Aurion :laugh:

:no:

And this should be enough oil for you 😜

https://www.repco.com.au/en/oils-fluids/engine-oils-fluids/engine-oil/c/1862918079?q=%3Arelevance%3A1862918079%2F1926767971%3A10.0&page=1

53 minutes ago, campbeam said:

I wonder why it is only SL not SN spec?

3 hours ago, Novicebutnice said:

I wonder why it is only SL not SN spec?

In the Comments section for that URL for Super Cheap Auto : "Don't be put off by the API SL rating, it's because it exceeds the phosphorous (anti wear additive) levels for the SM and SN spec. " 

Just now, campbeam said:

In the Comments section for that URL for Super Cheap Auto : "Don't be put off by the API SL rating, it's because it exceeds the phosphorous (anti wear additive) levels for the SM and SN spec. " 

This has been a recent learning for me. Before my selection criteria was more for the higher oil specification of API SN and the ILSAC GF-5 so given a choice between oils, I would prefer the ILSAC GF-5. 

Anyway, I have just bought 2 lots this afternoon and will most likely be going back for more this weekend. Just received the tax refund so might as well spend some more $$$ now and gift some other oil containers [previous specials] to my boys.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, campbeam said:

This has been a recent learning for me. Before my selection criteria was more for the higher oil specification of API SN and the ILSAC GF-5 so given a choice between oils, I would prefer the ILSAC GF-5. 

Anyway, I have just bought 2 lots this afternoon and will most likely be going back for more this weekend. Just received the tax refund so might as well spend some more $$$ now and gift some other oil containers [previous specials] to my boys.

Let us know if you notice anything using this oil (change in engine noise, change in fuel economy etc) :-) 

32 minutes ago, Novicebutnice said:

Haha, nice one. That reminds me. I have yet to lodge my tax return, yikes ! I should see a nice refund to spend on more tools lol..

19 minutes ago, Novicebutnice said:

Let us know if you notice anything using this oil (change in engine noise, change in fuel economy etc) 🙂 

You could be waiting a long time. I have got LOTS of oil on hand from previous sales. I am not really going to notice something like a change in fuel economy because I drive for fun and safety. Bit hard to blame the oil when you have a mad moment until sanity is restored. I have noticed that the engine is quieter after a 3800 km road trip with Shell Ultra 5W-40 plus a Nulon additive. Too many variables in play.

Best to use quality brand name oils and do regular oil changes.

Same here ZZ..I have used Nulon for years and have always found it a reliable quality product and yes Aussie so an added bonus

KAA

• Like 2