Current Oil Specials

On 8/31/2020 at 2:15 PM, KAA said:

Same here ZZ..I have used Nulon for years and have always found it a reliable quality product and yes Aussie so an added bonus

KAA

In the up coming Supercheap catalog the Nulon full synthetic 5W30 6 L is on special (half price from memory)

5 hours ago, Novicebutnice said:

In the up coming Supercheap catalog the Nulon full synthetic 5W30 6 L is on special (half price from memory)

4 hours ago, ZZT86 said:

up coming ? Inside info ?

This would be a welcome time because I have to do the oil service on my dad's 2013 Aurion this Saturday and will be using oil from my stock. So a restock will be in order.

I've also decided to just keep using the Nulon for mine as I've always only used this and the Penrite stock I have I'll give to my Dad and then keep using that for his car.

This has come about because poor Dad has been ripped by a local mechanic shop and I had no idea until I asked to see the invoice. I told him not to go back there and that I will do the servicing for him from now on. Sheesh. Can't trust anyone anymore.

• Like 1

Auto Barn in their latest catalogue have Castrol MAGNATEC Stop-Start Full Synthetic Engine Oil - 5W-30, 5L on sale at $19.99 .

Only reason that I am not buying is because I have bought the previous oil special.

1 minute ago, campbeam said:

Auto Barn in their latest catalogue have Castrol MAGNATEC Stop-Start Full Synthetic Engine Oil - 5W-30, 5L on sale at $19.99 .

Man, that is a bargain. It would be excellent for Corolla and Camry owners who have a sub 5lt oil fill capacity.

As tempting as it is, I'd rather stick with the same oil I've been using. I trust the Nulon oil and to date, I have zero sludging and not even as much as oil stained components. Testament to the excellent quality of the Nulon product.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Man, that is a bargain. It would be excellent for Corolla and Camry owners who have a sub 5lt oil fill capacity.

As tempting as it is, I'd rather stick with the same oil I've been using. I trust the Nulon oil and to date, I have zero sludging and not even as much as oil stained components. Testament to the excellent quality of the Nulon product.

It certainly is a bargain at that price [$4/litre] for a full synthetic 5W-30 oil. I have even compared the product sheet to that of the Castrol Edge [their premium marketing product] and there is not a great difference in test results.

With this oil and a non-genuine filter, my outlay for an oil change would be <$30.

• Like 1

That Magnatec is the Euro spec oil A3/B3 which may be better suited to their cars, I'm not sure as I've never used the ACEA spec oils on our Japanese cars which list the API / ILSAC specs only. The A3/B3 looks heavier than the Magnatec 5W30 DX which now has the latest SP/GF6 spec. From what I've read quickly the ACEA spec alone is more stringent than API spec alone, the Magnatec A3/B3 appears to satisfy both. Go figure ! Without knowing the ins & outs of oil formulation I would just say much of a muchness & certainly a bargain.

• Like 2

On 9/8/2020 at 11:39 PM, ZZT86 said:

up coming ? Inside info ?

I got the catalogue in the mail a couple days ago,

The sale starts today :-)

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/nulon-nulon-full-synthetic-long-life-engine-oil-5w-30-6-litre/343508.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/9/2020 at 4:01 AM, Tony Prodigy said:

This would be a welcome time because I have to do the oil service on my dad's 2013 Aurion this Saturday and will be using oil from my stock. So a restock will be in order.

I've also decided to just keep using the Nulon for mine as I've always only used this and the Penrite stock I have I'll give to my Dad and then keep using that for his car.

This has come about because poor Dad has been ripped by a local mechanic shop and I had no idea until I asked to see the invoice. I told him not to go back there and that I will do the servicing for him from now on. Sheesh. Can't trust anyone anymore.

The sale starts today mate :-)

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/nulon-nulon-full-synthetic-long-life-engine-oil-5w-30-6-litre/343508.html

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Novicebutnice said:

You're a Legend, Thanks !

Just ordered 3, got a retro Tin Sign for free too lol.. What a bargain.:thumbsup:

Edited by Tony Prodigy
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Tony Prodigy said:

You're a Legend, Thanks !

Just ordered 3, got a retro Tin Sign too lol.. What a bargain.:thumbsup:

SuperCheap Auto email finally appeared. Now know the retro Tin Sign was a bonus incentive to spend $50. 

Looks like the 4 [1 per brand] oil specials with a Limit of 2 per Customer have the best discounts worth considering. 

• Like 1

Here's my recent order from SCA. I wanted to order three, but they put a two per customer limit. No problem. When I went to the store, I picked up my order, took them to my car and walked back in and purchased the third :biggrin:. The check out chick was really cool. ("I didn't see you", lol, she remarked)

20200913_081314.thumb.jpg.f07881807b5bb624eae00f5c4c6dcdd2.jpg

Then I dug out the rest of my stash. I didn't realise I had so much. The Penrite, I'm saving for Dad's oil services and the Nulon will be mine.

I did the oil service for my Dad's car on Friday and gave it a full wash, decontamination, clay, polish and paint sealant all in one day. I didn't get a chance to get photos of the finished product because it was too dark by the time I finished and the lighting wouldn't do it any justice. My Dad is totally amazed how good it looks lol.. I'll get some pics on the next maintenance wash/detail.

20200913_082151.jpg

20200913_082022.jpg

Well done Tony..I got 2 yesterday from SCA..wanted more but as I had 2 of the 5 litres already 2 will do for a while, need to put up the Nulon sign just deciding where in the garage or may just safely store it for a man shed one day..well done on looking after your Dad so well, shows love and respect for our seniors which these days is badly needed, we all are trying to do the right thing for others when so many younger are just blowing it off as something that wont affect them

Huggs Mate Keep safe

KAA

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ahhh Tonys got the toolbox & the oil stash 😉 Lovely jubly.

I too got me a bottle, yep 1 bottle. Which takes my stash to 31L 😐 I best stop buying them & start using instead, problem is I'm in lockdown & so is the car. I've done about 3K kms in the last 5 months.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ZZT86 said:

Ahhh Tonys got the toolbox & the oil stash 😉 Lovely jubly.

I too got me a bottle, yep 1 bottle. Which takes my stash to 31L 😐 I best stop buying them & start using instead, problem is I'm in lockdown & so is the car. I've done about 3K kms in the last 5 months.

3K in 5 months; oil change time.

I looked at a previous post in 2017 and still got some left. Easily tempted by a good oil special so I do have an accumulated hoard and a space problem. Certainly got enough to be doing oil changes on 4 vehicles for the next few years.

Going to try and avoid temptation, save the $$$ and wait for a special on Shell Ultra then "flash the plastic". I have not seen a special on Shell Ultra for a long time and maybe not going to happen in 2020 so will be doing oil changes and making room in the meantime.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ZZT86 said:

I too got me a bottle, yep 1 bottle. Which takes my stash to 31L 😐 I best stop buying them & start using instead

Yes that is called hoarding mate..LOL.."She Who Must Be Obeyed" and I have done very little travel as well..but I have found the fact we are not doing much driving has allowed me time to potter about on the car..detail work mostly..passes the time gets me out from the 4 walls and as the wife is into crafts allows her the spare room to play in..she was making masks mostly for ones who didn't sew or had little money to buy them..but that has died off now so we are saving the dollars and dreaming of a road trip..so as I have a decent oil supply now i think next will be an oil change..just in case a miracle happens and we can actually escape

Stay Safe

KAA

• Like 1

LOL ..well I am sure you will use them eventually Tony..that or open an Oil store yourself LOL..we are like minor birds ..anything bright and shiny must come home..I am avoiding SCA and AUTOBARN on a self imposed exile..as I have cleaned out about half the garage now and actually have space to do stuff and i know if i visit either i will fill that space again LOL

Hugs Keep Safe

KAA

• Like 1

8 hours ago, KAA said:

LOL ..well I am sure you will use them eventually Tony..that or open an Oil store yourself LOL..we are like minor birds ..anything bright and shiny must come home..I am avoiding SCA and AUTOBARN on a self imposed exile..as I have cleaned out about half the garage now and actually have space to do stuff and i know if i visit either i will fill that space again LOL

Hugs Keep Safe

KAA

My Dad phoned me last week, a couple of days prior to doing his oil service, telling me that he's at Supercheap Auto. I asked him what he was doing there and he tells me he went to buy oil and a filter for the upcoming service i was going to carry out for him. Being the proud man that he is, he didn't want me paying for anything and thought he'd ask me which oil it was so he could buy them. I promptly told him not to buy anything as I already have the oil and filter ready. Anyway, had he purchased he would've paid full mug retail. The very next day the specials came and the oil was half price ! When I told him this, he was shocked, lol. I told him never to go in there without talking to me first. I think it was lesson learned. God bless him. He's so humble. :notworthy:

• Like 1

Well done on saving him Tony, he knows that your always there for him..we need more love in the world these days more than ever..being thoughtful being respectful and being kind to others ..as my Dad and Father in Law are both passed now I miss the days of hanging out with my dad, tinkering on cars chatting and having a laugh..I so badly want things to ease so my son can travel down to see us..so once again I can have those memories again

Keep Well Mate

KAA

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

So many oil specials available now in the lead up to Bathurst. Best to search the Super Cheap, Repco and AutoBarn websites.

For the budget minded, I spotted this 5 Litre Nulon semi-synthetic 5W-30 oil for $14.99 https://www.autobarn.com.au/semi-synthetic-5w-30-advanced-protection-engine-oil-5l 

• Thanks 1