Current Oil Specials

• 2 weeks later...

I say Arthur, Repco are kicking a s s atm, especially if you are a Repco Ignition member. Thing is I don't need anything yet, perhaps in 4-6 months time :|

4 hours ago, ZZT86 said:

I say Arthur, Repco are kicking a s s atm, especially if you are a Repco Ignition member. Thing is I don't need anything yet, perhaps in 4-6 months time 😐

I hear you G. Sometimes it's a little tempting buying stuff you don't really need now. I like to stock up so I feel comfortable in the fact I don't have to do the last minute rush to buy stuff when you need it quickly. I know some places open on Sunday but by that stage you'll pay full mug retail..

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

I think this is that price creep we touched on Ash..

Thanks for the link too.

I had some extra thoughts. Initially I thought it was the exact same special but ended up not being so. Worthwhile special if you want a 5W-40 full synthetic oil.

What I did notice last year was that oil specials in December were not as good as the preceding months.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, campbeam said:

I had some extra thoughts. Initially I thought it was the exact same special but ended up not being so. Worthwhile special if you want a 5W-40 full synthetic oil.

What I did notice last year was that oil specials in December were not as good as the preceding months.

Yeah, I'd tend to believe this. I guess the 'specials' are at the companies discretion. It's up to us to do our homework.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Engine Shampoo.. For the fussy detailer who wants his engine clean on the inside as well as the outside :laugh::laugh:

Hmm wonder if it comes with Engine Conditioner as well to enhance the inner glow and make the oil shine and add extra spark as it flips its hair LOL 😁😁

• Haha 1

I couldn't help myself.. I bought two more Nulon 6lt oil. Was $73.49, now $36.69. Why not eh ?

Also got me some Penrite fuel stabiliser for several jerry cans of fuel I keep and the old motorcycles. Handy stuff to have to keep your fuel as fresh as possible. 

Also got me some handy 45lt storage bins they had on sale. 2 for $15.98. How can you argue with value like that. I got 6 for now and am planning to get some more as I am quite happy with the quality. Sturdy enough with lockable lid handles and they are quite square so you can utilise the space better. Certainly not of the calibre of the Taktix boxes, but are sufficient for kids toys or whatever loose items you have and just be able to store things neatly. Just the perfect solution for my crowded garage.

SCA_321721_hi-res.jpg

Edited by Tony Prodigy
  • Like 1

Bummer my local supercheap doesn't have any 6lt Nulon in stock they young guy in there tried to talk me into the 5 lts..no thanks..I still have 3 5 lts at home but thought for that price grab 2 6 lts for next oil drop great price so well done Tony.. i also love those square storage boxes and have about 10 in the garage most have "She Who Must Be Obeyed" craft goodies in them..and pack up easy and take up little space in a corner...

KAA

• 3 weeks later...

Repco's latest catalogue has a good number of quality brand oils with 50% discount.

https://www.repco.com.au/en/oils-fluids/engine-oils-fluids/engine-oil/c/1862918079 

Ended up going and getting Shell Ultra X 5W-30 @ $37 after doing a price check against SuperCheap Auto. 

1 hour ago, KAA said:

did you notice the Mobil 1 price??..wow!!!! maybe one day it will hit the sale price section

Haha yeah, it won't hit the sale section ever, believe me. $94 for the 5LT 5W-30. If it ever hits anything, it will be for the most expensive oil on the planet competition. It will win Gold every time !

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, KAA said:

did you notice the Mobil 1 price??..wow!!!! maybe one day it will hit the sale price section

I initially noticed a Castrol oil @ 50% discount then decided to keep looking and found the Shell Ultra X plus others @ 50% discount. Mobil 1 never hit the radar. Seeing that you asked, I did an internet search and it was last on a decent special back in June 2018 and SuperCheap Auto no longer stock it. Guess that Mobil 1 have changed their marketing approach to a premium price model. AutoBarn has Mobil 1 on sale but not much of a special worth mentioning. Guess you will be waiting until Mobil 1 has excess stock and needs some urgent cash flow or regain lost market share. 

In the meantime, there are plenty of ongoing specials from Penrite, Nulon, Shell and Castrol. I should also mention Gulf Western which is Aust. owned and worth further consideration.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, campbeam said:

Guess you will be waiting until Mobil 1 has excess stock and needs some urgent cash flow or regain lost market share.

Not that I will be needing this particular oil but I think Mobil 1 stockists will deliberately understock to keep the prices at their full Mug Premium.

I run my M3 on Castrol 0W-40 A3/B4   which currently on Special at SCA. Gonna get me another one for my hoard 😜. Only thing is that it only comes in a 5LT so I have to get the additional 1LT as it also needs 6 Lt for an oil change.

Normally it would cost $116 for this package, but with the current discount and my $10 loyalty credit It comes to $71.88 for both. $45 discount.  Not too shabby :thumbsup:

Edited by Tony Prodigy
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, ZZT86 said:

Why would anyone pay $94 for 5L of oil ? Might aswell get Motul 300V . . . .

I know, it is quite ridiculous actually. I know it's good oil, so is Penrite, so is Nulon, so is Shell, so is Castrol, so is Valvoline, so are many, many others. It doesn't justify the stupid price tag. 

Motul is the only oil I've used in my bikes. 

• Like 1

Repco has a few oils on special for Black Friday sales.

https://www.repco.com.au/en/oils-fluids/engine-oils-fluids/engine-oil/c/1862918079?q=%3Arelevance%3ApartSlot%3AENGINE%2BOIL&text=#

Not too much going compared to other big sales we've had.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Squalled said:

Repco has a few oils on special for Black Friday sales.

https://www.repco.com.au/en/oils-fluids/engine-oils-fluids/engine-oil/c/1862918079?q=%3Arelevance%3ApartSlot%3AENGINE%2BOIL&text=#

Not too much going compared to other big sales we've had.

I am thinking that this Black Friday Sale is mostly hype and little substance. Repco has continued with their catalogue sale as previously reported. Some good oils are @ 50% discount.

Checked SuperCheap Auto and AutoBarn but nothing much there in the way of oil specials.

I am not expecting any outstanding oil specials in December and maybe not until Australia Day 2021.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, campbeam said:

I am thinking that this Black Friday Sale is mostly hype and little substance. Repco has continued with their catalogue sale as previously reported. Some good oils are @ 50% discount.

Checked SuperCheap Auto and AutoBarn but nothing much there in the way of oil specials.

I am not expecting any outstanding oil specials in December and maybe not until Australia Day 2021.

I agree Ash, I thought the exact same. I think most Black Friday Sales in Australia are bit lack luster to say the least.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Where did this Black Friday Malarkey come from anyway ?? Just like this Halloween rubbish we have here now. Never used to be until we decided we needed to copy everything the Americans do. How original :laugh:

Black Friday Sales are all fake. I have carefully watched a few vendors prices in the lead up to the so called "sales" and have found they actually jack the prices up then splash out the big marketing discount hype to make you think you're getting a bargain. What a load of hogwash. :bangin:

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Where did this Black Friday Malarkey come from anyway ?? Just like this Halloween rubbish we have here now. Never used to be until we decided we needed to copy everything the Americans do. How original :laugh:

Black Friday Sales are all fake. I have carefully watched a few vendors prices in the lead up to the so called "sales" and have found they actually jack the prices up then splash out the big marketing discount hype to make you think you're getting a bargain. What a load of hogwash. :bangin:

I'm with Tony on this one. I mean some things do actually get reduced but I too have noticed a wide array of different items go up in price and basically when "on sale" return to the price they were prior.

• Like 1