Current Oil Specials

Nice one Ash. It's excellent value actually and excellent oil too, but it's a shame they don't make it in a 6 lt. I suspect the marketing boffins rubbed their hands in a fiendish manner when it was time to market as most tend to do so If you need 6.1lt for example, like we do, You then have to purchase 2 x 5 lt or an extra 1 lt, which then makes it a foregone conclusion. I hate when they do this.

I do however see my BMW oil is on special.

CASTROL EDGE 5W40 A3/B4 SN 6L ENGINE OIL 3414527
$64.99 down from $79.99

There's also a recall notice at the top of the page for Tectaloy coolant.

Product Recall! - Tectaloy UNLMTD Coolant Concentrate - Green 1L and 5L, Red 5L and Blue 5L. CLICK HERE for more info

https://www.productsafety.gov.au/recall/itw-australia-pty-ltd-tectaloy-unlmtd-coolant-concentrate-green-1l-and-5l-red-5l-and-blue-5l

• 3 weeks later...

Supercheap are having a Club Sale. 40% off Penrite Full Synthetic oil among other things if you guys need anything.

400g Brake Cleaner spray are also $3.00 each. I also ordered 10 cans. Very handy stuff !

Normally around $7.30 a can. Excellent value.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/club-specials?j=4776547&sfmc_sub=822401467&sub=206595815_SCA01_CRP&l=333_HTML&u=100786122&mid=6010680&jb=2082&utm_source=email-subscriber&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=au-sca-2021-wk45-club-3dd

Edited by Tony Prodigy
  • Like 1

Thanks Tony for the news, I still have 2 cans left so wont be grabbing any just yet, but as i am about to do an oil filter change on my sisters little beast I will grab some Penrite so I don't have to use my Nulon up

it is appreciated mate

KAA

8 hours ago, KAA said:

Thanks Tony for the news, I still have 2 cans left so wont be grabbing any just yet, but as i am about to do an oil filter change on my sisters little beast I will grab some Penrite so I don't have to use my Nulon up

it is appreciated mate

KAA

Your welcome mate. I didn't need any either, but I did grab a couple for my Dad's Aurion as it's nearing it's 80k service. I decided to just keep using the Nulon for my car and use the Penrite for Dad's.

There were also times just recently where I could have also used some brake cleaner instead of degreaser but I wasn't going to pay 7 bucks a can for the stuff so thankfully this came at the right time.

The beauty about brake cleaner is that it has the magical ability to clean soiled or oily surfaces by evaporating the grime without the need to degrease then rinse and have water everywhere. Great for those little DIY jobs where you just want to keep things simple. 10 cans will ensure I don't run out in a hurry. Don't you hate it when you really need something and it's either you don't have any or the last can you have has almost nothing left in it 🙄

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Gents, Super Cheap are having 50% of 6lt Nulon 5w-30 & 10w-40 if anyone needs any.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/catalogue-out-now?q=6 litre&prefn1=adArticleType&prefv1=Full Synthetic Engine Oil#main

Plus other discounts. Just view the catalogue.

Have a great day :thumbsup:

• Like 1

On 5/21/2021 at 4:22 AM, Tony Prodigy said:

Hey Gents, Super Cheap are having 50% of 6lt Nulon 5w-30 & 10w-40 if anyone needs any.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/catalogue-out-now?q=6 litre&prefn1=adArticleType&prefv1=Full Synthetic Engine Oil#main

Have you tried using liquimoly engine oil?

I'm thinking of trying this one in the near future (the liquimoly australian website doesn't have the 5w30 in this oil as a recommendation for my car, it does for their other oils https://www.liquimoly.com.au/oil-finder ) 😞

https://www.autobarn.com.au/ab/Autobarn-Category/Brands/LiquiMoly/Molygen-10W-30-5-Litre/p/OA04961

Edited by Novicebutnice

On 5/21/2021 at 4:22 AM, Tony Prodigy said:

Collected my 2 5W-30s today 🤙

13 hours ago, Novicebutnice said:

Have you tried using liquimoly engine oil?

I've never tried it, but I have heard excellent reviews and feedback about the brand. Unfortunately, I don't have enough cars to be able to use the various brands as I don't like to mix oils. 

My Aurion has always had the Nulon, my Dad's Aurion I'm using the Penrite and my garage Queen M3 only uses Castrol as recommended by the factory. If I had to use another oil for the M3, it would definitely be Liqui Moly.

There is also a youtuber who restores 80'-90s BMWs and he swears by this stuff. Uses it everywhere.

Can't go wrong if the label states "manufactured in GMBH". 

I don't think too many people know about Liqui Moly and probably why we don't see a broader range here. It is big in Europe.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Squalled said:

Collected my 2 5W-30s today 🤙

Nice :thumbsup:

I've got enough, even though it was tempting, I had to refrain this time :laugh:

50% off is the best time to take advantage. I will never pay full price for the stuff. You'd be mad too really.
Sales will and do come around, so best to be patient and perhaps stock up a little to get you by when your oil service comes before the sales.

• 2 weeks later...

SuperCheap Auto are having a 3 day sale ending 2nd June 2021 50% discount for Shell Engine Oils.

Shell Ultra X 5W-30 was the oil that I have been waiting for so ordered just the Limit of 2 this time.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/3-day-deals?prefn1=srgBrand&prefv1=Shell&j=4802272&sfmc_sub=25368615&sub=205970513_SCA01_CRP&l=333_HTML&u=101377686&mid=6010680&jb=211&utm_source=email-subscriber&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=au-sca-2021-wk49-3dd#main

8 hours ago, campbeam said:

SuperCheap Auto are having a 3 day sale ending 2nd June 2021 50% discount for Shell Engine Oils.

Shell Ultra X 5W-30 was the oil that I have been waiting for so ordered just the Limit of 2 this time.

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/3-day-deals?prefn1=srgBrand&prefv1=Shell&j=4802272&sfmc_sub=25368615&sub=205970513_SCA01_CRP&l=333_HTML&u=101377686&mid=6010680&jb=211&utm_source=email-subscriber&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=au-sca-2021-wk49-3dd#main

Yep, I saw this yesterday too and didn't think anybody would be interested. I forgot you use Shell Ash. 50% off, how can anyone resist ?

I have been in a self-imposed financial lockdown to reduce my hoard of oil and spare parts etc. I did resist but then decided that I will mark these containers with the purchase date so they are last in line to be used.

Shell Ultra X has the latest SN Plus oil specification and produces proven results to clean my engine. Price of $38.99 after the 50% discount was enough to open the wallet. 

5 minutes ago, campbeam said:

I did resist but then decided that I will mark these containers with the purchase date so they are last in line to be used.

Good thinking. I should've done that too. I think I know which is the oldest by the amount of dust accumulation :biggrin:

• Haha 1

Supercheap are having a 30% off everything sale at the moment for club members, but you can sign up for membership if you don't have one and get $10 credit instantly to apply in your checkout.

I posted in the detailing section the goodies I purchased today :thumbup1:

1 hour ago, Tony Prodigy said:

ATF LV is $39 for Ignition members. Last time it was $36.. Price creep here we go again..

More of an unstated discount for this sale. I have enough on hand to wait for a better discount sale @ 30%;= $36+ 

I also have enough engine oil on hand so I can afford to be particular and wait for 40% or 50% discount price.

After a bit of recent research, I am now using full synthetic 5W-30 engine oil in the four stroke mower engines. 

11 hours ago, campbeam said:

More of an unstated discount for this sale. I have enough on hand to wait for a better discount sale @ 30%;= $36+ 

I also have enough engine oil on hand so I can afford to be particular and wait for 40% or 50% discount price.

After a bit of recent research, I am now using full synthetic 5W-30 engine oil in the four stroke mower engines. 

That's the benefit of stocking up, so we have the option to snub certain "sales" that don't appear offer decent discounts.

It seems though, that SCA is constantly having sales most weeks. 30 % off here, 40 % off there, 50% etc.. You'd be  mug to pay full retail anymore hey ? Or, does this just mean they are taking the P*ss and over charging on everythinh ? I would tend to think so. If they can afford to sell a product at 30,40,50 % discount then they can then afford to keep them at these prices. Too many companies have been gouging us for decades.

AutoBarn Sale to 30.06.2021 Bit hard to go past this item especially if you are after a cheap oil or looking for for a flushing oil when doing an oil change.

GULF WESTERN OIL SYN-X 3000 10W-40 5L

30537 SYN-X 3000 10W40 5L ENGINE OIL

$9.99

17 minutes ago, campbeam said:

AutoBarn Sale to 30.06.2021 Bit hard to go past this item especially if you are after a cheap oil or looking for for a flushing oil when doing an oil change.

GULF WESTERN OIL SYN-X 3000 10W-40 5L

30537 SYN-X 3000 10W40 5L ENGINE OIL

$9.99

Gulf Western make good oil too. I'm currently using one synthetic variant in my ride on. Standard oils makes them run too hot and this has a tendency to bend pushrods when the valves stick from over heating.

So far so good.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes very tempted but with stay at home now in place it is food shopping, Doctors for second dose of vaccine and dentist for "She Who Must Be Obeyed" as she has new dentures and that's it for us for this week.

All has been pretty good here on the Central Coast but we are regarded as Greater Sydney so it is follow what has too be for now. And all the would love to shop for things are on back burner

Stay Safe All 

KAA