Ignition Red 86 or pearl white

ConrodL

Hi all, I am about to order a new 2017 model GTS 86 and I am agonizing over the colour. I have narrowed my choice down to Red yes red and the pearl white . I really like the red it seems to bring out the contour and lines in the car and looks hot, however the conservative side of me says go with what I have chosen for the last two cars, a white 2014 Corolla sport and a white Yaris for the wife. The 86 will be a weekender only and garaged at least 5 days a week, so I am not worried about the fading due to sun exposure. Anyway  I am 57 and maybe going through that mid life thing but who cares.

My question is has anyone out there bought a red one and had regrets and for what reason.

Thanks 

Conrod

Hi Conway

It depends on how long you want to keep the 86.

Red fades off to pink with age and some owners have complained about the pearl white absorbing water and causing rust.

Full gloss paint is less likely to absorb water.

Thanks for your input but it does not matter anymore I just ordered the red. Motorama had a red, white and black side by side and the red showed up the contours and lines of the car a lot more than the white and looks beautifull. The black looked good too but to hot in Queensland and to hard to keep looking good.

• 5 weeks later...

I was just about to say . . . .

The very first 86 I saw in the wild soon after the June 18 2012 release was in a local shopping centre parked in amongst all the others cars . . . I walked right past it metres away I was & didn't even notice it - guess what colour it was ? I'll give you a hint . . . . it wasn't red ;) The 86 is an eye catching sportscar with lovely classical lines & white tones it right down destroying the cars styling. With a sporty number go bold or go home I say :thumbsup: The top three colours in the BR86 range would have to be Orange, WRB & Red in that order of personal preference. The yellow available in Japan is also pretty hot. Congrats & enjoy.

Edited by ZZT86
  • Like 1