Yaris seat never feels secure since recall

Rattle Rattleson

Hi all,

My mother's 2006 Yaris was subject to that front seat recall a few years back where they replaced the retaining tracks. Prior to the recall, the seat always felt fine. After the recall, the seat adjustment felt a bit vague and stiff though this feeling subsided a little over time (not to my satisfaction though, but complaining to Toyota got me nowhere).

Nevertheless, ever since the recall, the seat has never felt secure in the adjustment "slot" or notch. Every time I am on and off a pedal, change direction or go over bumps, the seat feels like it is moving in the tracks very slightly due to free play. It is exactly how I would expect a really worn out seat to feel if it had been adjusted tens of thousands of times and had lways had really overweight drivers in it (I am not a lightweight but I'm not fat either).

I have mentioned this to Toyota twice since that recall and they deny there is anything wrong with it. Has anyone else experienced this problem with their Yaris seats subsequent to that recall?

Thanks