2 Inch Lift Kit - Toyota Prado 2011 150 Series

Jules77

Hi there - I have googled and done a good bit of research but really haven't arrived at a comfortable solution regarding a lift kit installation in my Prado. I have a Prado VX, 2011, Diesel, Auto, 150 series. I took the standard 18 inch rims that came with continental tyres as i intended on putting larger tyres on it but found sourcing Mickey Thompson or similar for the 18 inch was very expensive, and not a lot of selection. I have 17 Inch rims on with 265/65R17 and it drives pretty well i reckon.

I am now starting to do some Beach driving and camping, and found that driving the beach in the Lancelin (WA) areas and also up at Wagoe Beach was nerve racking. I have the standard recovery gear etc and have better than average 4x4 experience plus beach driving. With 2 young kids and an impatient wife i want to reduce the risk of getting bogged on the beach and listen to the nagging and screaming when i am knee deep in sand.

I found the clearance in not enough as when it bogs down, the side step rails cause more of a hindrance.  I understand momentum is key but often with beach driving you never know what you are going to encounter. 

I require a good suggestion for a lift. I am thinking 2 inches, also put back on the 18 inch rims and go with a bigger tyre opposed to the standard continental.

I just got a quote for KDS lift kit? fully installed for $1850 here in Perth. I am seeking quality, so will not skimp on price too much but as always want a reliable set up that still gives a good ride and more confidence in the sand. 

I would greatly appreciate recommendations for a new set up. 

thanks in advance - Jules 

That's why I have asked this forum for a recommendation? I am unsure if I will be happy with it. I assume there would be people on this forom with a set up they are happy with condusive to beach conditions. I would be interested to know what they think and brand.