Moving to Australia

andy_twoncams

Where you move to in Australia really depends on the lifestyle you want to have.

Brisbane QLD, Has fantastic weather for most of the year, fairly easy going, lots of beaches and things to do and see and cost of living is quite affordable. Many businesses moving to QLD so employment is good. Fantastic tourism industry too.

Sydney NSW, Biggest City in Australia. Considered the business hub of Australia with many Large Corporations based there, but not so much anymore, High Cost of living which heavily offsets the generally larger incomes and weather not as nice as Queensland but on average not as cold as Melbourne in Winter. Big population and very busy, but lots of nice getaways a short drive out of the city.

Melbourne VIC, Second biggest City, but not very crowded and a bit more slow paced in comparison to Sydney. Considered to be the most multicultural city, Weather is very Seasonal, Hot summers (30-40c days) and Cold Winters (10-15c days) But it's common to have four seasons in a day. Cost of living used to be very affordable but now creeping up to near Sydney levels.

Tasmania, Tucked away on it's own, it's where you can really get away to a very very quiet life. Unfortunately it's isolation means employment opportunities aren't too great unless you're happy to work in a call centre.

Adelaide SA, Not a very large City, but close to fantastic wine producers, quite affordable to live in. And good work opportunities. Some good beaches just watch out for the sharks.

Perth WA, Considered to be very cosmopolitan and a very nice City to live in. Distant from other cities but affordable living, good weather and good employment opportunities. Again great beaches and things to see.

So every major city Centre is quite diverse, just research which best suits the lifestyle you want to lead.

hey, what happened to canberra???

its not that bad a place, honestly its just got a bad image cos we have to house all those idiots, once u live here its really quite nice! 4 seasons in one day! happens like, everyday, and only 1.5 hours to the beach and 2ish to the snow, what more could u want?

(except for a dragway, which the government is considering again - yeah sure)

Coming from England it's probably better to say with Perth, Adelaide or Melbourne (perhaps even Hobart) due to the more temperate climates there. I've heard of many Brits coming over and moving straight to Brisbane or the Gold Coast due to the popularity of the region only to become stifled VERY quickly from the heat and humidity and moving stright back home.

Sydney is slightly more mild but but is EXTREMLY expensive to live in and the people (general people on the street and also neighbours in close proximity) tend not to be as socialable as you may expect and are often quite closed... don't be suprised if you end up having to actually opproach someone if you are lost or disoriented in Sydney as the WILL NOT help you on their own accord...

If you move to Brisbane then you'll be moving to the heart and soul of the Corolla modding capital of Australia. :D :P This is where all the good stuff for your car originates from.....

SYDNEY!!!

you cant go wrong!

Plus our rollas are better down here than further north :lol::lol: !

Do you have dyno sheets to prove that, Corzza? :lol:

no need for that its fact! :P

SYDNEY!!!

you cant go wrong!

No but we have a timeslip :) check the 1/4 Mile, (0-400M) Time Slips sticky :)

booyaa!!

and we just had a meet on saturday with over 20 rollas. I havent seen or herd of a monthly meet bigger then that in QLD??

SYDNEY!!!

you cant go wrong!

No but we have a timeslip :) check the 1/4 Mile, (0-400M) Time Slips sticky :)

booyaa!!

and we just had a meet on saturday with over 20 rollas. I havent seen or herd of a monthly meet bigger then that in QLD??

and the meets just keep getting bigger n bigger !!!

Thanks for all the replys.im an Electrician and my partner is a social worker were from yorkshire

its not the weather were moving for its a better way of life for us and my 8 month old son

curious, y australia?

Edited by shaohaok

Thanks for all the replys.im an Electrician and my partner is a social worker were from yorkshire

its not the weather were moving for its a better way of life for us and my 8 month old son

curious, y australia?

y not? its better then the UK :P

curious, y australia?

y not? its better then the UK :P

:unsure::lol:

aus just seem nice.wot do you guys make of it??any bad points,also wots a standard hours of work,and rough house prices?thanxs

Been here 6months and there is rioting Which has settled. House prices are high. But coming here with pounds so u got nothing to worry about!