Eonon touch screen unit, is this one any good?

truman47

Hello,

Im looking at this unit on eBay and am wondering if it is any good. Does anyone have this unit or knows if it is a decent unit. From what I've read on here the Eonon brand is a good model.

I assume Bluetooth music and contacts etc will work with an iPhone 6 with this unit?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Eonon-Android-5-1-8-Car-Radio-DVD-Player-GPS-1024x600-for-Toyota-Camry-Aurion-8/381833949374?_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D39923%26meid%3Dc5fcc0a3ac344c1b9d3a8c60ddc1371a%26pid%3D100005%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D6%26sd%3D401243293733

Also in the fine print it says Note: Hybrid,SE and JBL electronic systems are not compatible 

My Aurion is a 2011 Touring SE so does this mean it won't work with my vehicle?

thanks in advance 

Currently running an Eonon headunit in the Avensis. Great value for money. I bought mine off the Eonon website and I think it may have been slightly cheaper.

Mine isnt an operating system type but had bluetooth, GPS and phone mirroring as the main features. Bluetooth works a treat though you may have to use the wired external mic as the inbuilt mic is a bit quiet. GPS isn't as smart as what is available now but definitely usable. Aussie map is ~$40.00 extra IIRC.

One downside is that radio freq isnt as strong as factory units as a station I used to be able to tune to is now mostly static pending location.

Have been using for two years and not a problem so far.

17 hours ago, Jims Bond said:

Currently running an Eonon headunit in the Avensis. Great value for money. I bought mine off the Eonon website and I think it may have been slightly cheaper.

Mine isnt an operating system type but had bluetooth, GPS and phone mirroring as the main features. Bluetooth works a treat though you may have to use the wired external mic as the inbuilt mic is a bit quiet. GPS isn't as smart as what is available now but definitely usable. Aussie map is ~$40.00 extra IIRC.

One downside is that radio freq isnt as strong as factory units as a station I used to be able to tune to is now mostly static pending location.

Have been using for two years and not a problem so far.

Are you able to give me the model number of the unit you brought Jim? and what do you mean by inst an operating system? Do you mean it didn't have wince or android?

I've been through a number of different headunits (both factory and aftermarket) and ended up settling with an Eonon GA5164F unit. An Android based operating system is miles ahead of any WinCE OS. There's more info in my build thread here:

1 hour ago, Full-Throttle said:

I've been through a number of different headunits (both factory and aftermarket) and ended up settling with an Eonon GA5164F unit. An Android based operating system is miles ahead of any WinCE OS. There's more info in my build thread here:

Hi full throttle.  ve been reading your build thread and hoped you would reply. So your Eonon is still going strong then 14 months later? The problem Im finding is there are so many reviews thats ay they have failed but then you get a few people like yourself that haven't had an issue so its very hit and miss.

Ive been looking at this one too, a Kenwood DDX4016bt which I can get for $350. It doesn't have GPS which would be nice to have but Im not that fussed about it.

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/gps-car-audio/in-car-entertainment/kenwood/kenwood-ddx4016bt-6-2-wvga-usb-dvd-receiver-with-built-in-bluetooth/938961/

On 12/20/2016 at 11:30 PM, truman47 said:

Hi full throttle.  ve been reading your build thread and hoped you would reply. So your Eonon is still going strong then 14 months later? The problem Im finding is there are so many reviews thats ay they have failed but then you get a few people like yourself that haven't had an issue so its very hit and miss.

Yes it's still working fine with no problems whatsoever. Everything works as it should and it's as responsive as day one :)

I didn't want to wait for two weeks as I needed a project for over the xmas break so i ended up getting the Sony XAV ax100.

Awesome unit because it has apple CarPlay so I can use apple maps etc. But unlike the more expensive Alpine unit that supports apple car play its not a useless radio without the phone.

http://www.sony.com.au/electronics/in-car-receivers-players/xav-ax100

• Like 1