Coolant

krigeroz

10 hours ago, KAA said:

.I also haven't heard of Camry or Aurion engines cooking themselves from a water pump leak..built to perfection ..

I inadvertently killed a Honda Accord engine due to a coolant leak from the water pump. Invaluable experience and lots of hard won lessons learnt that night. Any signs of a water pump leak then I would be immediately replacing the water pump. 

2 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

The fact it's also made in Japan gives me more confidence in the product too.

This what is on their website HomePage "NPW has been manufacturing quality aftermarket water pumps in Japan for over 50 years. No other aftermarket competitor can say this." 

I have just now had a look at their promotional video which is emphasizing the artisan spirit. I was more impressed by what a US partnership had to say. It takes a lot to have an ongoing 23 year relationship.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLVmh2JpafA

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 5/10/2020 at 7:06 AM, Tony Prodigy said:

Yes Robert it does actually. The fact it's also made in Japan gives me more confidence in the product too.

If there's one thing I hate having to do is a last minute rush to find and buy a part you desperately need and either have to run around or have to wait for something to arrive in the post.

I'm putting together a spare parts package and keep handy for such emergencies. I can replace it at my own leisure and the time wasted trying to find and buy one, I can dedicate to taking my time and doing it properly and neatly with having to rush it.

Thanks for your comments guys !

I have just bought the NPW water pump on eBay and hoping that it arrives ASAP.

Unfortunately for me, I was expecting some seepage as an indicator that the water pump would most likely need to be replaced.

I had forgotten about the bearing inside the water pump going bad and not getting much notice beforehand that it needed to be replaced.

Something else to put down to experience. Also should have bought it when it was at a discounted price. Inconvenience can have a much higher price. 

• 6 months later...
50 minutes ago, Metal_Head said:

I found this video interesting on bleeding the 2grfe after messing with the coolant for whatever reason. The spill free kits are $50 on eBay

https://youtu.be/UJe1dbFVoqw

I was prompted to seek out this klt some time ago too, after watching that same video, and my search led me to Amazon where I was able to buy a better quality kit than is shown on the video. My kit has certain metal parts such as the radiator cap attachment as opposed to plastic type the car care nut uses. I think that part should be metal for longevity.

If you have a prime account you can get it here for much cheaper provided you spend $49 or more qualifying you for free shipping. I normally buy more than one item anyway, so it makes much more sense this way to capitalise on the free shipping aspect.

As mentioned in  earlier posts, I replaced my water pump late January 2021 using the air bleed bolt and slightly overfilling the overflow bottle. After a few days of driving, the level in the overflow bottle had dropped below the full mark, as expected so I overfilled the overflow bottle again. Slight drop in the coolant level  continued to happen over the next few weeks. I went looking for any coolant leaks and could not locate any.

Quite relieved when The Car Nut did post his video [28.03.2021] It provided a plausible explanation that the coolant system had not been fully bled of air and had continuing to do bleed air into the overflow bottle and draw back coolant into the system. 

• Like 1