raise driver seat

remote

We have a 1998 Camry and a short driver. The manual height adjustment is at max but needs to go higher.

The seat tracks can't be packed because the front mounts are angled and the bolts would not realign.

I thought about longer bolts and washers on the seat pan mounts but I don't like dodgy engineering and it will probably compromise the seat integrity.

Any ideas anyone

Regards

As long as the seatbelt still works properly I'd say a booster cushion is the easiest way to go about it, remember also that boosting the driver up means they'll have greater difficulty reaching the pedals.  Any modifications to the seat base or to the mounting would most likely need to go through engineering, might be worth contacting your local mobility assistance installer for ideas as they'd have experience modifying the driving position outside of factory ranges.

How short are we talking anway?  Both my wife and my mother are ~5'6" and have had no trouble driving both XV10 and XV20 Camrys.

47 minutes ago, Hiro said:

How short are we talking anway?  Both my wife and my mother are ~5'6" and have had no trouble driving both XV10 and XV20 Camrys.

No problem reaching pedals: just can't see the front of the of the car hood which makes parking judgement a bit difficult.

I'm 6'3" and I still can't see the front of my bonnet on my Gen 3. You just get to know know the size of your car.

You can buy markers that stick and clip on of you are that desperate. The other option is cameras or sensors.

18 hours ago, trentmeyer23 said:

I'm 6'3" and I still can't see the front of my bonnet on my Gen 3. You just get to know know the size of your car.

You can buy markers that stick and clip on of you are that desperate. The other option is cameras or sensors.

Same here (an inch shorter though), knowing where the extents of your car are without physically seeing them is a key part of learning to drive.  Plenty of modern tall-boy hatches have bonnets that are completely invisible from the driver's seat even if you play in the NBA.

It's the reason why so many JDM cars had the option of "parking poles" since the average Japanese male is 3 inches shorter than an Australian or American.