Curious as to why the 40 series and 50 series Aurions have a different service interval

nushydude

TBH just get any full syn oil when on sale. The Aurion isn't going to notice a difference really as I have used Mobil1, Castrol Edge, Shell Ultra and Penrite HPR5 and they all perform similar. I've stuck with Penrite only because it comes in a 6L bottle which is very convenient when it comes to changing out the oil.

http://www.supercheapauto.com.au/Product/Penrite-HPR-5-Engine-Oil-5W-40-6-Litre/518961

Edited by Buff Hamster

Lol yes !!!

Funny you mention this Hiro.

When I was at the counter at my local SuperCheap store purchasing my oil, the female operator and I were on this very topic. After I had my whinge about the lack of 6lt oil options, she mentions that I am lucky because her husband has the V8 Holden which requires around 8 litres ! Ouch !!

15 hours ago, Noodle Boy said:

From a 6 or 6.2 ltr LS2 or LS3, 8 litres is quite forgiving. The 5 litre in the lexus IS-F takes 9.3 litres. Yikes...

Difference between an OHV and DOHC V8 - the pushrod dinosaur that is the LS2/LS3 doesn't need anywhere near as much oil lubrication in the head

On 1/2/2017 at 6:19 PM, Noodle Boy said:

From a 6 or 6.2 ltr LS2 or LS3, 8 litres is quite forgiving. The 5 litre in the lexus IS-F takes 9.3 litres. Yikes...

If you are rich enough to drive an IS-F, then 10 lt of oil would be negligible.. lol

Good problem to have I guess..

5 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

If you are rich enough to drive an IS-F, then 10 lt of oil would be negligible.. lol

Good problem to have I guess..

Some people can "afford" to buy these sorts of cars, but not afford to own them.