Identifying 2000 RAV4 stereo type

Istvan

Hello Everyone,

I have an automatic 2000 Toyota RAV4 Edge and I'm trying to figure out exactly what type of factory stereo I have in my car.

I've found a couple of different types of stereos that can go with my RAV4, on this website, but none of them matches how mine looks like. Which is like this: 

xdh5sn.jpg

I intend to research what options I may have for installing an AUX input socket at a later stage, but for now, I'd want to know exactly what my setup looks like. Does anyone have the same type of stereo in their car? If so, have you been able to identify them and/or have you happened to take a photo of their back? :)

Cheers, 

Istvan

UPDATE: Sorry for the 90 degrees rotated photo. TinyPic did this for some reason. It wasn't like that on my computer.

Edited by Istvan
Just realized that linked photo rotated 90 degrees.

It's not a common thing for people to modify factory radios. Most usually upgrade to an aftermarket unit.

It will very likely be a Fujitsu Ten unit as a majority of OEM units are.

Quite likely that Toyota Australia or the dealer replaced the units when they came here.  Check to see if it matches a similar vintage Camry unit for instance

Thanks for your replies!

@trentmeyer23: I may very well end up doing just that if I find the other way too complicated. Will take a look at Fujitsu Ten's website anyhow...

@Hiro: Just out of curiosity: why would they do such a thing? Is there a logical explanation why the  head unit would be replaced in Australia?

OK, so I bit the bullet and took the unit out just to have a peek. Then put it back again.

In case anybody was wondering, here's what the exact type is:

e1dkq0.jpg

And this is how the back looks like:

o3cao.jpg

7 hours ago, Istvan said:

@Hiro: Just out of curiosity: why would they do such a thing? Is there a logical explanation why the  head unit would be replaced in Australia?

Australian radio frequency ranges are different to Japan (the "tuning range" you see on the bottom of the sticker), plus we often have different trim levels to Japan.  As such, they might want to standardise their units across the whole Aus-delivered range (Corolla, Camry, Celica, Hilux, Landcruiser, Rav4 etc)

5 minutes ago, Hiro said:

Australian radio frequency ranges are different to Japan (the "tuning range" you see on the bottom of the sticker), plus we often have different trim levels to Japan.  As such, they might want to standardise their units across the whole Aus-delivered range (Corolla, Camry, Celica, Hilux, Landcruiser, Rav4 etc)

Wow, that's very useful information, thanks!

Do you also happen to know what's name of that empty socket which appears to have 7 pins?

15 hours ago, Istvan said:

Wow, that's very useful information, thanks!

Do you also happen to know what's name of that empty socket which appears to have 7 pins?

Chances are the extra socket would be for attaching an optional CD stacker

Thanks a bunch! I was able to identify the type of this socket in the meantime. Actually it has 12 and not 7 sockets.

This is 12 pin (5+7) CN701 or CN702 connector, for a CD stacker/changer.