Anyone have their C-HR yet?

AussieLE

I would've liked the park assist too. 

I'm committed to a minimum of 4 years and then I'll have a guaranteed trade-in value through Toyota. I figure they should've ironed out the kinks by then if I'm still hooked. 

7 hours ago, ChittyChittyCHR said:

Europeans get DAB+ radio as standard. Kinda miffed they dropped it on the Aussie version. They also get a self parking function. I can live without it but it would be a fun little piece of technology. 

I read somewhere the Toyota Link app is not compatible with Toyota Touch 2 (with DAB) so we got the retro unit. From what I read, no one really likes the Toyota Link App, so that's a bummer. :huh:

I haven't heard a single good thing about the Toyota Link App. Why Toyota isn't moving to Car Play and Android Auto is beyond me. 

Kenwood have some nice head units which seem straight forward enough to install. No GPS Nav but both apple and google interfaces. Although the RRP of $1,200 is pretty steep! The wide screen edition that suits the Toyota dash doesn't have DAB+ so you have to go the regular size with the facial plates on either side. The perfectionist in me wants a wide screen DAB+ unit. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChittyChittyCHR said:

Why Toyota isn't moving to Car Play and Android Auto is beyond me.

The reason Toyota along with some other brands are cautious is they have no control over what data Apple and Android are collecting. Android in particular collect masses of data, often without the user being aware. The other issue is control over the user experience. Toyota is keen to maintain complete control over everything the user interacts with in their models. With CarPlay and Android manufacturers give up this control to a third party. At this stage, not having these options isn't hurting sales, so there isn't need for it to be added.

Just now, ChittyChittyCHR said:

Another day. Another reminder sent for the tracking details. :/

OMC!  Heard from Toyota Australia today. And finally some action. Turns out my dealer's stock controller really didn't know about the tracking system. 

I used Twitter and got a very fast response from Toyota. They followed up with my dealer. Now I don't need to talk to my salesmen until pick up day. 

IMG_9093.JPG

• Like 1

I'm starting to wonder how educated the dealerships are on the tracking system. If they can't deliver tomorrow I'll hit up Toyota Australia. Glad to see yours is in production. Hoping mine is too. 

15 hours ago, AussieLE said:

OMC!  Heard from Toyota Australia today. And finally some action. Turns out my dealer's stock controller really didn't know about the tracking system. 

IMG_9093.JPG

Woo hoo that is awesome! Just saw mine is in production too but no Vin details yet so must have just started. 

IMG_1534.PNG

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ChittyChittyCHR said:

I'm starting to wonder how educated the dealerships are on the tracking system. If they can't deliver tomorrow I'll hit up Toyota Australia. Glad to see yours is in production. Hoping mine is too. 

This really stumps me as it seems like such a great tool to build some excitement with customers and reduce a lot of enquiries about delivery.

• Like 1

Hi There - Been reading this C-HR forum a while and thought I might hop in

At the risk of your raising you ire - I'm afraid I have mine :smile: - Had it delivered last Friday (took the day off) and I love it - Was worried about such a small motor - but seems not to present a problem as it handles the Dandenongs with ease :smile:

My wait was 9 weeks - I didn't know about this track system either. But once the estimated time drew near and I asked dealer if still on track - I was told had missed the boat - They gave me this though, from their sap system, and I was able to track the Vessel on its long voyage around Australia (stopping all stations) unloading vehicles

I sympathize with you all, The long wait is soul wrenching - It will be over soon

We are pretty lucky here. Europe - Who get theirs form the Toyota Plant in Turkey - Some of them have been waiting 6 months

Clipboard01.jpg

Edited by Southpatt
missing Pic
  • Like 3

Same here - more on the road the better! Well this morning I had no VIN and this afternoon it's there!

I don't get all the hoo hah about the engine, like the biggest thing is life is being first off at the lights. I was quite happy with the power and that's comparing to my current 2.0L diesel focus. Anyway my daughter is getting thst so if I ever feel like a srive I'll just borrow it.

Edited by Justin70
  • Like 1

Yay Justin. Finally!

The msg I got from Toyota Australia rep, and it's on my voice mail, is that my car is at the dealers, having tinting, etc. done. 

Not what tracking says though. I'll go with tracking and be surprised if I get an early call. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, AussieLE said:

Yay Justin. Finally!

The msg I got from Toyota Australia rep, and it's on my voice mail, is that my car is at the dealers, having tinting, etc. done. 

Not what tracking says though. I'll go with tracking and be surprised if I get an early call. 

Wow that is very weird but hopefully true! Look forward to the pics 👍

2 hours ago, Justin70 said:

How UGLY is the new Hyundai Kona! Was kinda thinking of holding out for it and so glad I didn't. People comparing it to the CHR - not even close.

I didn't think it was too bad. Better than the cx 3 and hrv. 

But I also didn't mind the Juke and the Veloster. 😜

I think it will be the C-HR's new competition though. 

• Like 1

I know have to google with

C-HR   -kona :smile:

to stop seeing these useless hyundai articles

I've just disposed of my Hyundai Santa Fe of which I could write a book of the issues it had and the money it cost me

Would never ever consider another Hyundai no matter what wrap they get by motoring writers who have them for a few days

Try dealing with them over a decade

I will be trading in my 2012 i30 for my C-HR. 

I would've upgraded to an i35 except they no longer exist and the dealers can tell me the Tucson is the equivalent, but it's not. 

Then I considered updating my i30, but they've totally changed the shape, and it now one of the ugliest cars I've seen. 

I adored my i30. No troubles, cheap to run. I just wanted to trade in while it was worth something. I've only done 50k in it. 

@AussieLE Congrats ! There's no way you'll be waiting another month for it if it's already at the dealer getting tint, if not 2moro then early next week. What's more I suspect they found another car that matches your order citeria to fulfill it cos it couldn't have been made 2 days ago & be here already ! Confirm build month/VIN/Engine # when you see it although it really doesn't matter. Either that or the tracking details were way off.

I just googled the new Kona which I've never heard or seen B4 until now & reckon it's an ace looking truck, however, although they're making quick ground on the competition, Hyundai are NOWHERE near as technically advanced as Toyotas and certainly not as reliable. It will be a long time before I ever consider a Hyundai especially over brand T - I'm just a snob when it comes to cars as they're darn expensive to begin with.

Also Hyundai appear lost at sea when it comes to styling. The Kona is evidence they're trying to change their image a bit & they're way behind Kia in that stakes cos they're really well sorted design wise.

Edited by ZZT86
  • Like 2

I'm not going to count my chickens. Though I'll be pleased if it's earlier. 

My tracking had a new date today. Earlier already. 👍🏻😁👍🏻

IMG_9107.PNG

• Like 1