Anyone have their C-HR yet?

AussieLE

6 hours ago, AussieLE said:

Nice Mr H, very nice. 

I got told on Monday that my production date has been pushed back to June 1st which I was grumpy about. Dealer claims that I should still have it by the end of June.

Thanks Aussie, the wait, frustrating as it is, is worth it, I'm so happy with it

Be sure to put up pics when you get it

Quirky little feature of the C-HR I thought I would share with you all. This beams down from the side mirror (both sides) when you approach the car with your keys. A bit of a giggle

Edited by Mr H
Corrected video
  • Like 1

Possession was taken pearlescent white Koba AWD CVT with roof-racks, side steps and chrome rear bumper guard. I have some internal accessories on order from eBay.

As a lazy driver, the drive-assist features are fantastic for city driving.

My Koba.jpg

My Koba Rear.jpg

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, AussieLE said:

So lucky! Congrats!  Enjoy!!

Thanks. I think I got the last Koba AWD in the State. I was considering the Shadow Platinum but couldn't wait for 3-4 months so I took the Crystal Pearl as it was available for immediate delivery. 

• Like 1

Congrats mate, looking good

i too bought some interior trim off ebay, some for the door trims didn't stick too well, probably a lot to do with the upholstery protection that was applied  so i just gotta wait awhile or find a better adhesive

21 hours ago, Mr H said:

Congrats mate, looking good

i too bought some interior trim off ebay, some for the door trims didn't stick too well, probably a lot to do with the upholstery protection that was applied  so i just gotta wait awhile or find a better adhesive

I notice a few of the sites talk about using alcohol wipes to clean the surface and a hair dryer to heat the 3M glue strips.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Surfsideminer said:

I notice a few of the sites talk about using alcohol wipes to clean the surface and a hair dryer to heat the 3M glue strips.

Thanks mate, i did use a hair dryer to heat the 3m strips before applying it to the trim to the point the peices i was handling got very hot and worked initially, but later was very easy to remove

i will look for alcohol wipes tomorrow, i have done some research into this and have read denatured alcohol is the way to go, which means it is watered down a little

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Justin70 said:

The sidesteps look very cool Terence, glad I ordered them too.

Hi Justin,

My wife and I have found that it is a long step over them to get in and out, something I didn't consider when I orderd them. I bought them for looks and for their potential to reduce stone damage and so far I am satisfied on both counts.

Terry

• Like 3

On 2017-3-24 at 8:32 PM, AussieLE said:

I ordered a 2WD Koba in crystal pearl with a black roof on March 11.   I liked the car from the ads and I LOVED it after the test drive.   Signed my contract the same day. 

But a 3 month wait?  😕  Told today by my dealer that production on my car starts May 1st. 

Anyone know how long after that?   Are the ones for Oz made in Japan or Turkey?  

I'm dreaming about a darn car. 😜🙄

Any news yet on delivery date?

I asked my dealer for a VIN so I could track the car - he replied with a 7 digit stock number and then gave me this link: https://webapps.toyota.com.au/apps/cwt/

But you need a user code and password from the "startup instruction sheet" - don't think he knows what he's talking about!

Still no definite delivery date. 

They rang today and said production is due to start next Thursday and I should receive it by the end of June. 

But I am sceptical. It was going to take 2 mths when production was going to be May, so how is it supposed to happen in 1 mth now?!?

This timeline would suit me as I will have finished writing my student reports, it'll be my bday, and I'll have 2 aka school holidays to play!!

But... 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Like 1

I was initially told, "end of July". Am hoping it arrives before we go on a cruise mid-July. My daughter also just got her licence and she is getting my hand me downs, so she is keen as well on delivery. Oh, the dramas! 

Still, I'd rather wait then settle on something else and then have regrets every time one passed me on the street.

Have started to see a few too.

• Like 1

There's no way I'm changing my mind after waiting this long. I don't think I've EVER waited so long for a material possession in my life. 

Someone picked up their Bumblebee Koba at my dealership during the wk so I guess I'll start seeing hers around soon. 

Here's hoping we both get them soon.

🤞🏻🤞🏻

• Like 1

Does your contract include an estimated delivery date? Just noticed mine is blank which looks like a sneaky trick by the dealer given what I just read on consumer affairs site:

Make sure a delivery date is specified, otherwise you may have a long wait for the vehicle. If the dealer cannot specify a delivery date, the contract should include a date after which you no longer wish to proceed with the purchase. 

It sounds like a date should be included just to give you an option should the delay be ridiculously long.

Guys, my 86 took 7 months to arrive after order ! You will need access codes for the Tracking system, ask your dealer for them. The tracking system was accurate for me as far as the details are on it. After production things will happen quickly & is usually shipped to Oz with 2-3 weeks depending on state. It may sit on the docks for a week then gets trucked to your dealer pronto. The dealer will be desperate to get it sorted so they can get their $$$. Count on one thing - Toyotas capacity to produce if FAR greater than Subarus :/

Good luck, the CHR appears a nice car.

Edited by ZZT86
typo
  • Like 2

From memory the stock controller is the guy/gal to hassle ;) Us 86 guys were real keen, we even tracked the boat it was on & it's whereabouts on its way to Oz ! They were hot property back then  . . .

1st_Into_Production_on_21_1_2013.jpg

ON_THE_BOAT_LEFT_1_FEB_2013-2.png

Screen shot 2013-02-12 at 11.42.13 AM.png

Screen shot 2013-02-12 at 12.29.15 PM.png

• Like 2

If they are using Standard Contracts in WA the contract fine print stated 90 days to deliver. At one stage I thought that it was going to take 90 days to deliver the car I knew was in-stock. As I said above I feel your pain and because of the uncertainty on manufacture and delivery, I chose a local in-stock car rather than my preferred colour.

Think on the positive side though. The Compliance plate will be very close to the delivery date.

• Like 1