AussieLE

Anyone have their C-HR yet?

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, ChittyChittyCHR said:

EEEK! I'm on a boat now.  Not sure which one though since I thought my window was the 3rd or 10th.  So maybe it made the 3rd and only updated today, as I understand it should be going from Yokohama via a K Line boat?

Do you have choices?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AussieLE said:

Do you have choices?

 

Choices?

My guess it's on the Tianjin Highway which gets into Port Kembla on the 16th of July.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ChittyChittyCHR said:

Choices?

My guess it's on the Tianjin Highway which gets into Port Kembla on the 16th of July.

I looked it up just this minute, I would guess the same. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Google earth. 

👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻😁

👋🏻 One of you black-roof beauties!!

IMG_9332.PNG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AussieLE said:

Next stage as in car yard, or on the transport vehicle?

"Being prepared for transport" - hopefully it's an error. Maybe the Koba's are being transported first lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 04/07/2017 at 11:45 AM, Mr H said:

The Toyota technician found this function when I asked about Auto door locking (all doors lock) when you start your drive and go over 25kph and unlock when you shift to Park, this feature I had in my last Camry Hybrids, but alas is non existent with the C-HR

 

If you are desperate to have this feature Mr H

There is an after market feature you can purchase as below link that I read about on the UK forum

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/share-style/item/ss-parts-chr-autodoorlock/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My boat seems to have hit a non tracking zone. Which doesn't change anything except for the fun of seeing it get closer to Australia. Perhaps I'm obsessed ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mine did that too. It'll come back into range. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Southpatt said:

If you are desperate to have this feature Mr H

There is an after market feature you can purchase as below link that I read about on the UK forum

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/share-style/item/ss-parts-chr-autodoorlock/

Hi Glenn, thanks so much for finding that info, it is something we really miss and always forget to lock the doors manually.

It looks like it is really easy to install, I will take off the cover plate on the dash as indicated and see if there is something actually for it to plug into and if there is a plug there see if it is active, if so I will get one

Cheers

Eric

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Mr H said:

Hi Glenn, thanks so much for finding that info, it is something we really miss and always forget to lock the doors manually.

It looks like it is really easy to install, I will take off the cover plate on the dash as indicated and see if there is something actually for it to plug into and if there is a plug there see if it is active, if so I will get one

Cheers

Eric

Hi Eric,

All cars have an OBD-II Port, you won't have to play with the port as it is always active, there is even a splitter available for the port so that two different devices can be connected at the same time.

Terry

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/07/2017 at 0:02 AM, ChittyChittyCHR said:

My boat seems to have hit a non tracking zone. Which doesn't change anything except for the fun of seeing it get closer to Australia. Perhaps I'm obsessed ;)

Ah I remember the fun tracking game when my car was coming in from Japan.
The only ship that came directly from Japan - Sydney for me didn't have my car on it lol, mine went from Japan - Brisbane - Port Kembla for whatever reason.
I am not sure why but my car sat in Brisbane (Possibly on a ship) for two days haha.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Surfsideminer said:

Hi Eric,

All cars have an OBD-II Port, you won't have to play with the port as it is always active, there is even a splitter available for the port so that two different devices can be connected at the same time.

Terry

 

Hi Terry,

Initially I followed the link Glenn provided directly from the email on 

my phone which didn't display the installation video, after going directly to their website and watching the video from there I now realise which port it is, it's the same one Toyota used to enable the auto down/up for all 4 windows, so yeah should have watched the video first...lol

The only concern I have now is by using this device am I going to void my warranty, I personally can't see a problem with it, I can always remove it when the car is due for it's service.....your thoughts?

Cheers

Eric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Squeeeeeeeeeee!!

It's on a truck!!!!!

Must be this week, surely!!

👍🏻😁👍🏻

IMG_9352.PNG

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rentaspace said:


The only ship that came directly from Japan - Sydney for me didn't have my car on it lol, mine went from Japan - Brisbane - Port Kembla for whatever reason.
I am not sure why but my car sat in Brisbane (Possibly on a ship) for two days haha.

Yep. Sydney doesn't have a port for car drop offs. So the east coast ships make multiple stops on the way down the coast.   Sydney is serviced by Port Kembla. I drive into Wollongong regularly for work and you get to see the car carrying trucks bringing them into Sydney. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Mr H said:

Hi Terry,

....

The only concern I have now is by using this device am I going to void my warranty, I personally can't see a problem with it, I can always remove it when the car is due for it's service.....your thoughts?

Cheers

Eric

1

Hi Eric,

:ph34r: warranty voiding by using these or any other OBD-II devices!

Maybe if you were using an engine tuning chip device, however as usual read the fine print. If it is not specifically forbidden then as far as I am concerned it is fair game.

Terry 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just waiting on tinting, protection and tow bar now. 

Dealer rang today and said he'd call with rego details tomorrow.

Hopefully I can pick up Wednesday. 

IMG_9356.PNG

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What about you Justin?

Any news? Before your cruise??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ChittyChittyCHR said:

Yep. Sydney doesn't have a port for car drop offs. So the east coast ships make multiple stops on the way down the coast.   Sydney is serviced by Port Kembla. I drive into Wollongong regularly for work and you get to see the car carrying trucks bringing them into Sydney. 

By Sydney I meant Port Kembla lol, I live in Gymea so Port Kembla and the City are like same time to get to haha.

At least you guys with the new cars don't have much waiting once it hits the country, my car took a month to get here then another month waiting for all the import/compliance paperwork to be filled and then a further month for the actual compliance plate to be sent to the workshop and rego done.

Worst bit was knowing it was sitting in a workshop not being able to be driven haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Surfsideminer said:

Hi Eric,

:ph34r: warranty voiding by using these or any other OBD-II devices!

Maybe if you were using an engine tuning chip device, however as usual read the fine print. If it is not specifically forbidden then as far as I am concerned it is fair game.

Terry 

Even IF they tried to void your warranty they would still have to prove that the device caused whatever issue it was. For instance, you install tuning chip and then the AC compressor goes. They have to prove that the chip tune damaged the compressor (which it wouldn't).
But, if you installed tune then blew a headgasket, they could argue the extra heat killed it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, i would be inclined not to be using any of these OBD II devices on a new vehicle especially a just released model.

Leave it as dealer delivered then there are no issues with warranty claims.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Surfsideminer said:

Hi Eric,

:ph34r: warranty voiding by using these or any other OBD-II devices!

Maybe if you were using an engine tuning chip device, however as usual read the fine print. If it is not specifically forbidden then as far as I am concerned it is fair game.

Terry 

Hi Terry,Ashley & Ryan

looks like I'am wasting time:

ハイブリットのみ対応商品です。お間違えの無いようにお願いします。translated means

It is a hybrid only compatible product. Please do not make a mistake.

cheers

Eric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I struggle with English and your translating Japanese... Lucky you did.

Terry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Mr H said:

Hi Terry,Ashley & Ryan

looks like I'am wasting time:

ハイブリットのみ対応商品です。お間違えの無いようにお願いします。translated means

It is a hybrid only compatible product. Please do not make a mistake.

cheers

Eric

Hi Eric

So sorry I've led you down the path on this

Was not aware of this myself:blush:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Southpatt said:

Hi Eric

So sorry I've led you down the path on this

Was not aware of this myself:blush:

 

Hey Glenn, no problem mate, with the website mainly in Japanese it is very hard to follow, I used google translator lens to translate

i have contacted the vendor via email and they said they cannot guarantee 100% compatibility with Australian model 1.2l turbo petrol only the hybrid Japanese models

Thanks for finding that info in the first place, it was worth the effort to investigate

Cheers

Eric

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.