How can they discriminate us aurion/camry drivers?

Probably more stereotyping. Not enough Volvo owners wearing hats these days.

Gee that sounds like me on the highway. Cruising along enjoying a relaxing safe drive [at a safe speed for the road conditions and not "qualifying" for a speeding ticket].

Sun visor is also deployed for the morning and afternoon Sun.

Having a bit of fun with full throttle on the overtaking lanes to go past that slower traffic then back to cruising speed.

Also "interesting" catching up to those speeding drivers who have recently overtaken me now waiting behind slower traffic.  

It's not discrimination, it's stereotyping; and all stereotypes start somewhere. 

I actually saw a Camry camping(I know others do it) in the right lane on Saturday..

There's a reason why there's a Facebook page called "When Camrys Attack"

As Trent said though there are tonnes of stereotypes out there when it comes to cars - if you drive a Falcodore you must be a VB-drinking bogan, if you drive a Euro you're an elitist snob (even if it's a Skoda or Seat, the bargain-basement Euros), Toyotas are whitegoods on wheels, everything out of China is made of tin-foil and folds up at the merest hint of an accident, anything Japanese is a rice-burner, Volvos are giant bricks driven 10k under the speed limit on the way to lawn bowls every Sunday (although "bloody Volvo driver!" has started to fall out of the lingo these days as they've had a bit of a coolness resurgence) etc etc.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hiro said:

There's a reason why there's a Facebook page called "When Camrys Attack"

As Trent said though there are tonnes of stereotypes out there when it comes to cars - if you drive a Falcodore you must be a VB-drinking bogan, if you drive a Euro you're an elitist snob (even if it's a Skoda or Seat, the bargain-basement Euros), Toyotas are whitegoods on wheels, everything out of China is made of tin-foil and folds up at the merest hint of an accident, anything Japanese is a rice-burner, Volvos are giant bricks driven 10k under the speed limit on the way to lawn bowls every Sunday (although "bloody Volvo driver!" has started to fall out of the lingo these days as they've had a bit of a coolness resurgence) etc etc.

You forgot one.

Mustangs can't leave a meet without crashing into the bystanders.

ford-mustang-meme-heavy-breathing-e1463356082563.jpg.28637d293896af3bd933bd9796b04607.jpg

On 17/04/2017 at 7:35 AM, campbeam said:

Having a bit of fun with full throttle on the overtaking lanes to go past that slower traffic then back to cruising speed.

Also "interesting" catching up to those speeding drivers who have recently overtaken me now waiting behind slower traffi

Even though I am an 'old geezer' I still appreciate the reserve power which is there on demand, compared to mediocre gas guzzling SUV's

On 17/04/2017 at 7:35 AM, campbeam said:

Not enough Volvo owners wearing hats these days.

Interesting that, on my way home the other day there was a slow coach holding up traffic in the middle lane of a 3 lane fwy, I changed lanes & went past him at the legal speed of course only to find a young dude wearing a hat driving a well kept early 80's Volvo :laugh: Personally I usually always stick to the left lanes cos no matter how fast you're going in the far right it's never fast enough !

8 hours ago, ZZT86 said:

slow coach holding up traffic in the middle lane of a 3 lane fwy

One of my many dislikes about other drivers, especially those that sit in my left rear blind spot. Also did not think it was smart for that police bike to sit in my driver side rear blind spot oh so many years ago.

Only happy when there are no cars within 100 metres then I can just look out for errant wildlife..

Recent experiences have reinforced the stereotype of female Asian drivers especially those driving SUVs. Also ongoing joke with my girlfriend to assess our parking results as either Australian park, Asian park or an African park.

• Like 1