Aux mod for a 2007 Aurion Presara?

Hey guys. Just had a quick question. I've been looking through some posts and was wondering how i could add an aux-in port/cable for my car? It's a 2007 Aurion Presara with the Satnav 4 CD head unit. I removed the head unit to see if i had any "empty" sockets at the back like im seeing with some of the posts, but all the slots are taken up, im assuming that's because i have the 4 CD head unit. How can i add an aux port/cable without having to buy a totally new head unit? 

Hi David...Our 2009 Presara had the same if not similar head unit..I have seen some posts about adding an aux cable for unit I think some threads on here and some on U-tube..

However when it comes to wiring up such a beautiful ride I went to a Monster Audio shop here on the central coast and had them install a nice Clarion unit which had a few instant smiley results..a much more reliable unit as far as sat/nav, all the wheel functions apart from phone buttons work,a great sound system, 2 xUSB cables available for flash drives for my fav's...I would never have tackled it myself as I didn't want issue after issue..However if you feel you can handle the wiring required then read here for advice or as i said maybe U-tube.

Hope you get some joy

KAA

Hi David, I used this item I found on ebay...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Toyota-Aurion-Camry-Yr-06-11-USB-AUX-SD-Factory-Radio-Adaptor-Interface-Aus-/152078492873?hash=item236895a4c9:g:XngAAOSwMmBVs4gq

Works a treat. According to the instructions that came along with it, if you have an existing CD changer, there is a "Y" cable that'll do the job. I can't vouch for that but it may be worth a shot.

Cheers.

20170605_133051.jpg

20170605_135527.jpg

20170605_150118.jpg

Edited by ianjoseph
Forgot to add photos.