Michelin PS4

Squalled

Hey TOCA,

Just wondering if anyone has any feedback about the Michelin Pilot Sport 4's? I'm currently on RE002's which will soon need to be replaced later this year and I'm currently looking into getting the PS4's as a replacement. I have a friend who has them on his 300KW Skyline which they work very well on, especially in the wet but I wanted to find anyone who's got them on a FWD just so I can get an idea.

I'm able to get the PS4 in the size I need R16 205/50, which is one profile up from my current tyres as I believe the 45's look a little to small.

I'm also considering the RE003 as my backup in case I can't get the PS4 but any feedback from the PS4 is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, campbeam said:

Recent post to this thread about Michelin Pilot tyres fitted to an Aurion.

Thanks campbeam! Seems like I may be getting the PS4's.

• 10 months later...

Forgot to update this post.

I did end up getting the PS4's after deciding between them and the RE003. Safe to say I'm beyond happy with how grippy they are compared to the RE002's that were originally came with my rims.

No matter what conditions, the tyres maintain grip. I've had no issues in the wet with wheel spin or traction loss at all. I highly recommend them for anyone, and they are definitely well worth the price tag if you don't want to lose grip in any condition.

I ended up changing tyre profile from 205/45 R16 to 205/50 R16 which definitely fills out the arch a little more giving the car an overall beefier look. Although the 45s allowed it to rev out a littler quicker, I haven't noticed any major downfalls of the size other than a lot more scrubbing when I hit a bump on the road or if I have people in the back.

Thread can be closed.

12 hours ago, Squalled said:

No matter what conditions, the tyres maintain grip. I've had no issues in the wet with wheel spin or traction loss at all.

Sounds like you need more power...

10 hours ago, trentmeyer23 said:

Sounds like you need more power...

I guess I could take a note out of Bil's book but my bank account may not be so happy :laugh:

But hey, it could be wheel spinning some cheap tyres and not being able to put the very little power it has down already :smile:

On 09/05/2018 at 8:44 AM, Squalled said:

I guess I could take a note out of Bil's book but my bank account may not be so happy :laugh:

But hey, it could be wheel spinning some cheap tyres and not being able to put the very little power it has down already :smile:

It's best to do away with bank accounts. I keep my money(when I have it) stored in sacks marked "Car".

16 minutes ago, trentmeyer23 said:

It's best to do away with bank accounts. I keep my money(when I have it) stored in sacks marked "Car".

I may have to adapt this method for the future.

Despite the lack of power, I'm quite happy with how it performs, especially now in corners where I can gain ground on my mates more powerful beasts :wink3: