Corolla servicing to 40,000k's

Just thought some people might find this useful, what they do to your car in the first 2 years/40,000k's

Please note all figures are for a stock 1ZZFE & the labour charges may be a little higher than average since I used their express service for all but the 40,000k service...

1000km - (Can't find the invoice :( ) - Complimentary service

3 months/5000km - Details as follows;

Replace engine oil & top up fluid levels

Inspect battery & clean terminals

Inspect & adjust tyre pressure

Inspect operation of lights, washers, wipers, horn

Inspect & adjust external drive belts

Parts - Sump plug gasket & engine oil ~$30

Labour - ~$30

Consumables - ~$15

Total - Approx. $85

6 months/10,000km - As per 5,000km service +

Replace engine oil filter

Inspect driveshaft boots & clamps

Inspect exhaust condition & mounting rubbers

Inspect radiator hoses & clamps

Inspect air induction system & clamps

Additional - Inspect, rotate & balance wheels & tyres

Parts - Oil filter, sump plug gasket, engine flush & engine oil ~$70

Labour - ~$100

Consumables - ~$15.00

Total - Approx. $180

12 months/20,000km - As per 10,000km service

Additional - Tyre inspection, brake inspection, adjustment & caliper lubrication

Optional - Fuel system clean

Parts - Oil filter, sump plug gasket, engine flush, engine oil & fuel system treatment ~$70

Labour - ~$150

Consumables - ~$50

Total - Approx. $280.00 or $180 without fuel system clean

18 months/30,000km - As per 10,000km service

Additional - Tyre inspection, brake inspection, adjustment & caliper lubrication

Parts - Oil filter, sump plug gasket, engine flush & engine oil ~$70

Labour - ~$100

Consumables - ~$15.00

Total - Approx. $180

24 months/40,000km - As per 10,000km service +

Coolant system service - replace coolant & pressure test

Brake system flush & replenish with new fluids

Spark plug replacement

Air filter replacement

Wiper rubber replacement

Rotate & balance wheels/tyres

Parts - Oil filter, sump plug gasket, engine flush, engine oil, coolant, brake fluid, spark plugs, air filter, wiper rubbers ~$180

Labour - ~$200.00

Consumables - ~$15.00

Total - Approx. $400.00

Also does anyone have any comments about the optional services i.e. fuel system flush & steering rack service?

EDIT: All prices are an approximation however this may vary depending on the work done & parts used.

Edited by Conquest

Please note all figures are for a stock 1ZZFE & the total is the full retail price from Toyota, not what I actually paid ;) Also the labour charges may be a little higher than average since I used their express service for all but the 40,000k service...

If Toyota do set prices, then there isn't a dealer anywhere following them ... some services are cheaper, and some are much more expensive, depending on the service and the dealer.

Just as a comparison with the prices quoted above, here are the prices I've paid thus far:

5K - $75 (although the numbnuts ignored my request for a change of oil filter, but to their credit they then replaced it at no extra charge).

10K - $150

15K - $110

20K - $170

25K - $130

The 5K services seem a bit steep to me, but overall I've been very happy with servicing costs to now.

When I had my Starlet, every six months Toyota would send out a schedule which had all of the services and the prices they had set for the next six months. Even then, prices didn't change a hell of a lot over the three year warranty period.

BTW, does anyone have any idea if/when express servicing will be available from any Brisbane Toyota dealers?

Edited by Buddha

Sorry, should've clarified that is what MY dealer was charging & I don't suppose Toyota has a standard RRP.

After looking at some of the posts i'm aware of the huge difference in prices :o Anyway the price schedule was pretty standard when I bought the car but after looking at the invoices it's still nice to note they haven't varied too much from what they originally quoted me.

EDIT: Damn I should stop typing late at night, me english bad...

Edited by Conquest

BTW, does anyone have any idea if/when express servicing will be available from any Brisbane Toyota dealers?

What is Express servicing? Is it just paying a premium so they service your car more faster?

I don't see why, there's not much difference with the 10,000k service since most of the same work is performed. The major difference in my 20,000k service was the fuel system clean & it's debatable whether that actually provides any real benefits since most premium fuels contain cleaning agents anyway.

EDIT: Probably a good idea to find out what work is included in that quote i.e. is it per the service manual or are they doing additional work such as a more comprehensive brake adjustment if required?

Edited by Conquest

Of course it's in the manual but given the various threads re. service intervals I thought it might be easier to put them all into a single topic. That way people can shop & compare what prices they might expect to pay and the work performed at each service interval...

Your 30,000k serviceing is so cheap?!

:angry: ...i was quoted $275 at Cannon Toyota in Heidelberg, Vic

WTF is going on? :ph34r:

That is very steep ... I've been quoted approx. $160-170 for my 30K which is coming up soon.

There's no way that labour and/or parts are that much dearer state-to-state.