Replacing Aurion wipers

tranthe

Hi Tran..I replaced mine in about 3-5 mins.. on our Presara just un-click the cover and click back on the new ones..simple ..If you still are having issues drop into a super-cheap or auto barn store they will do it for you, and don't buy the absolute cheapest..a few dollars extra will pay off later

KAA

I replaced mine just 3 weeks ago. SCA brand and couldnt be happier. Had the original wipers since new and blades were getting worn out so hence the decision to replace it before the next set of winter next year. Bought a pair for $58 as it was father's day special saving me just $20. Triton brand were run out! 

Be sure to match the brand with the aurion's part number

Hahaha !! I had the very same question about a week ago and thought I'd better not ask. The wipers on mine needed cleaning so removal was necessary

I went to you tube and did a camry wiper blade removal search and It was there.

Toyota Aurion/ Camry obviously being identical, you'd have better luck just searching Camry rather than Aurion as most videos uploaded are for the U.S and they've never heard of an Aurion.

I wash my blade and then with some general purpose thinner and clean cloth, I wipe the blade's leading edge and this removes any flaws and the wiper blade is ready for use again, just like putting in a new one.

On 9/8/2017 at 5:09 PM, DeafDave76 said:

I replaced mine just 3 weeks ago. SCA brand and couldnt be happier. Had the original wipers since new and blades were getting worn out so hence the decision to replace it before the next set of winter next year. Bought a pair for $58 as it was father's day special saving me just $20. Triton brand were run out! 

Be sure to match the brand with the aurion's part number

Sheesh !! 58 bucks for wiper blades ??

Are you buying the whole cartridge or just the slip ins ??

Edited by Tony Prodigy

On 9/10/2017 at 6:57 AM, Tony Prodigy said:

Sheesh !! 58 bucks for wiper blades ??

Are you buying the whole cartridge or just the slip ins ??

They were $29 each catridge. I did think about the slip ins (blade insert replacement) but their pricing is too close to the catridge pricing so i went for catridge for both sides. 

I can understand where you got confused I was paying $58 each!

Edited by DeafDave76

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Nice find Krig. I've been looking online for some refils. All the one's I've found have either been too expensive or too crap.

I'll have to swing by Big W and take a look.

Thanks mate :thumbsup:

just make sure to check the back side of the package, to find where they are made, because some made in China as well, under the same brand... 

These Aunger silicon wiper refills should be made in South Korea just double check, please.

Edited by krigeroz

7 hours ago, trentmeyer23 said:

Aunger aren't strictly Big W. They have been around for many years(1971) making aftermarket accessories.

Yes Trent. I remember them very well from my youth. They made many aftermarket accessories. 

They just aren't prevalent as they used to be.

1971 was a great year by the way...

So can you guys hear the sounds of the new wipers when they are working? 

I got a new pair of refills from a Toyota dealer costed me 35 NZD (yes, I’m living in NZ). But I can still hear the sounds when they are working. I would say the windscreen of mine is clean but I just still can hear the sounds. So how about yours? 

4 hours ago, PengNZ said:

I got a new pair of refills from a Toyota dealer costed me 35 NZD (yes, I’m living in NZ). But I can still hear the sounds when they are working. I would say the windscreen of mine is clean but I just still can hear the sounds. So how about yours? 

Just make a short video and let us see and hear your wipers sound.

Ok, if you want Japan made wipers, head down to SCA for "Tridon Curve Blade", they also have Tridon made in China. These wipers are very likely made by NWB which makes OEM wipers for Toyota/Denso and many others car manufactures. They also make under their own brand but I don't think it is available in Australia. The price for two NWB blades costs around $40. In Australia as you can see it is $40 for a single blade.

20170930_151432_resize.jpg

20170930_151439_resize.jpg

20170930_151451_resize.jpg

20170930_151459_resize.jpg

b012591s-960.jpg

e812591s-960.jpg

4412591s-960.jpg

9412591s-960.jpg

Edited by krigeroz

7 hours ago, Tony Prodigy said:

Are the NWB brand ones available at SCA too ?

As far as I'm aware,  unfortunately no, it is  not sold in Australia. They just rebrand them under different names and sell them at double or triple price, that's how they make a profit. Maybe it is available at some  online overseas shops... But now you know if it is made in Japan it is made by NWB :)

Edited by krigeroz

I think we can be happy with the Tridon brand you offered up. Made in Japan, top quality and priced sensibly.

So which Tridon one suits our Aurion Peter ?

Did you already buy a pair ?

The other parts of the world can have the NWB and the rip off price it carries.

Thanks again Mate :thumbsup:

Edited by Tony Prodigy

Ok, if you want Japan made, make sure you ask them first where it is made. They may look the same but made elsewhere.

For that price sold in Australia and made in Japan, I would be very surprised :)

You go by the size: 26" inch 650mm and 16" inch 400mm just as on the photos above NWB

I more likely will be getting refills, at the moment my wipers don't make any noise yet. And if they will be very bad or very noisy then I will get a full new blade set. Only if they are sold for a very good price. I don't like to overpay for all these spares.

Edited by krigeroz

My 2 cents of experience with Tridon wiper blade refills.

I got these from SCA a few months back, and I already see these leaving a small line/patch of water film the width of 2-3 inches in the middle of one of the wipers.

Could these gaps be formed if the wipers are activated on a dry windscreen, or activated while there are flowers or leaves on the windscreen? Any idea on how to fix it?