Dim dashboard display - help

Hi All

Does anyone else have trouble with a dim dashboard display? It's hard to see my dashboard display - the speedo and petrol guage. I've taken it into a dealer, they checked it, said all OK. I've turned the light switch to top (5) but it's still dim. If I have sunglasses on (and these are tinted to Australian Standard) it's really hard to see. Only thing that makes a difference is driving with parking lights on but don't want to do this during the day too much now it's sunny weather. Thoughts?

Dianne, is the switch you are adjusting similar to the one in the middle below? If so, this is actually for the headlight angle to compensate for the number of occupants in the vehicle. The lower the number the higher your lights will aim.

For-font-b-Toyota-b-font-font-b-Corolla-b-font-2014-2015-2016-font-b.thumb.jpg.b2e450cdb26014d8b67ce8979afe34a6.jpg

Assuming you have a ZRE152 Corolla this is the correct procedure.

Screenshot_20171004-221659.thumb.png.3cad0202f9232a957c1624b36495c1d2.png

Hi Trent yes the switch is the same. It's on 5. That's what I was told to do to make the dash easier to see. I cannot see kms that I am driving at or the petrol level when I have sunglasses on, have to remove sunglasses and even then the display is dim. Local dealership said it was fine, all checked. I think it's either the glass that covers the dash display or the grey type of display not bright white. I can sit as a passenger in my hubby's Commodore and see the kms he's doing from the passenger seat on the display. It's crazy.

7 minutes ago, Dianne Wadsworth said:

Also, the above is for when headlights are on. Not for when normal daylight conditions driving.

I am aware of this; however, many people do get confused by it.

The only other option I can think of is potentially upgrading the lights behind the dash.

I very much doubt they will. It would probably need to be more of a DIY job or possibly one for an auto electrician, if you are not able to do it yourself.

I have not removed our instrument cluster, so I am not sure how easily they are replaced.