Interior light

cam6

G'day all

I have a 2000 model Camry Grande and the interior light in the centre of the roof (ie the light that comes on when the door is opened) has stopped working. I figure it's probably the globe gone. But I can't figure out how to get to it. From the look of it, the translucent face is not separate, so the whole lot needs to come out. I've tried to "pop" the light fitting  loose, but it doesn't seem too keen to come out and I don't want to break the plastic. Does anyone know how to do it ? Is there a secret place to push /lever ? Thanks John.

I have a 2001 Camry and I would think the same method would work. Using a small screw driver or small thin bladed tool you should be able to lever it out OK. The trick is it  needs to be done from the correct side. Carefully insert the tool between the semi clear cover and the housing on the PASSENGER SIDE of the light fitting. It has to be done like this as the other end has a tag and slot which you don't want to break. It should just pop out.. When replacing the cover insert the tag into the slot FIRST, push up and you're home and hosed.. Just go carefully!!!

Edited by Topdog
addition to reply