First Toyota Dealership experience

Done the last service myself, apart from the brake fluid flush as i thought i'd leave that up to the pro's

Almost everywhere on the internet $99 seems a fair price for new brake fluid.

Toyota quoted me $170, and since theyre doing a wheel alignment for me, im biting the bullet to get both done at same time. Thing is they dont understand, they can rip me off & make some extra $$ from me now, but i will never be going back there for mechanical work unless i really have to, so they lose.

Edited by Metal_Head

1 hour ago, Metal_Head said:

Thing is they dont understand, they can rip me off & make some extra $$ from me now, but i will never be going back there for mechanical work unless i really have to, so they lose.

Yes they do, but they rely on that mentality. Probably costs them $20 - $40 including fluid and labour.

rang a brake shop, and now im getting it done for over $100 less, love how he was transparent in the fact its a 30min job. Great.

so i ring toyota to cancel the brake flush, but still keen to go ahead with the wheel alignment, and they had no issue with that

The dealers aren't too bad up here. Mum has recently switched from the dealer in Brisbane and now comes to Toowoomba to have her XV50 Camry serviced. The door actuator in her SL Atara failed a couple of months out of warranty. Always religiously serviced by the dealer and they refused to negotiate as it's "no longer under warranty". Wanted over $600 to fix. Toowoomba did it for half the price and she's extremely happy with their service, their rates are cheaper than her former independent mechanic.

• 2 months later...

Servicing is not too bad. I guess ive been thinking about the value as well but realised sometimes they need to pay for the fluids and changing things which aint cheap, plus 

it will help you to get more interest if you are selling a newish car.

but you can also get them done at mechanics for cheaper and you still get a stamp.

:smile:I like to go to one in warwick farm NSW.

• 2 years later...

Forgot to update this. When went to pay for the Toyota wheel alignment, they tried asking for 20 bucks more because "that price was only if u did the brake fluid here too". It wasn't happening haha