Hey there!

Jon Albiez

Hi everyone,

I'm a diehard Mazda fan but my wife's Elantra was just written off with hail damage and we purchased a 2007 ZR6 Aurion with 161,000 on the clock.

A little bit to learn, I'm used to mechanical simplicity but Toyota really seem to have designed this vehicle well. Hopefully I can give some general advice as well as learning about the Aurion as well :)

IMAG0879.jpg

Check the vehicles maintenance history for spark plugs replaced, fuel filter replaced and change of automatic transmission fluid. These will need to be done in the future with the ATF change a higher priority in my opinion.

2 hours ago, campbeam said:

Check the vehicles maintenance history for spark plugs replaced, fuel filter replaced and change of automatic transmission fluid. These will need to be done in the future with the ATF change a higher priority in my opinion.

Both the above were stamped by dealers when they were due to be changed. Official service guidelines state the ATF to be replaced at 150,000 if driven in "severe" conditions (marvellously vague)

Are the transmissions prone to failure? I thought they weren't too bad. Looks to be a major pain to change compared to its predecessor (it had a fill tube and drain plug).

I am sure that the service manual is saying replace ATF at 70,000 km if towing or "severe" driving condition.

My internet searches revealed that the transmissions fail if the ATF has never been changed. Transmissions are "sealed for life" but life = 10 years or 160,000 kms. Interesting the accumulated sludge on the bottom of the transmission pan when I replaced the transmission filter.

There are a number of recent threads and post about the transmission fluid.