Proud new owner of an Old.. AE92R?

Hey guys,

Long story short I was sharing a car with my family (Mum) but was gifted a car for free! I guess for Christmas.
Im not a car guy at all but I suppose I might have been bitten buy some kind of bug. I believe its an AE92R - Thats what it says in the owners manual.
On the side of the car there's a faded SRI Limited(?) I dont know if this is a thing or not. 

Down to business though its a 23 year old car (1994- As old as me!) and makes a bit of a rattle when accelerating from 20kmph to 50.
I believe from the small amount research and poking around its the exhaust manifold- It has a 1" crack in it and the cover on top of it is loose.
I'm looking at replacing these so if anyone has done it before please let me know how it went !

-Stew 

22 hours ago, StewieStiglitz said:

Hey guys,

Long story short I was sharing a car with my family (Mum) but was gifted a car for free! I guess for Christmas.
Im not a car guy at all but I suppose I might have been bitten buy some kind of bug. I believe its an AE92R - Thats what it says in the owners manual.
On the side of the car there's a faded SRI Limited(?) I dont know if this is a thing or not. 

Down to business though its a 23 year old car (1994- As old as me!) and makes a bit of a rattle when accelerating from 20kmph to 50.
I believe from the small amount research and poking around its the exhaust manifold- It has a 1" crack in it and the cover on top of it is loose.
I'm looking at replacing these so if anyone has done it before please let me know how it went !

-Stew 

CSi Limited probably, which would make it a 4AFE.

Post up some photos of the exhaust, it's not hard to change over if you're decent at throwing a spanner.

2 hours ago, Hiro said:

exhaust manifold- It has a 1" crack in it and the cover on top of it is loose.
I'm looking at replacing these

One tip that I read about and used is brake fluid to penetrate and make undoing air fuel sensors a lot easier. It should also work for undoing the exhaust manifold bolts.

On 25/12/2017 at 6:20 PM, campbeam said:

One tip that I read about and used is brake fluid to penetrate and make undoing air fuel sensors a lot easier. It should also work for undoing the exhaust manifold bolts.

Avoid putting brake fluid all over the place. Just use a high quality penetrating fluid.