Kluger - nudge bar removal?

Jenfromtheblock

Hi guys, new to the forum.

I am soon to take ownership of a kluger. It’s fitted with a nudge bar as previous family member did a bit of off-road which I don’t intend on doing. We will be doing mostly hwy trips up north with 3 young ones and their bikes, scooters and surfboards. 

Is it possible to have nudge bar removed? And if so, who would I take it to to arrange this? Toyota dealer? 4x4? Other? 

Edited by Jenfromtheblock

Not at all, have you looked at many of the other cars around you? 4WDs with bullbars, etc.

It can act as a little more crash protection. You are better off leaving it on. "Bullish" can be a good thing, it may stop morons from making stupid moves in front of you.

11 hours ago, trentmeyer23 said:

Not at all, have you looked at many of the other cars around you? 4WDs with bullbars, etc.

It can act as a little more crash protection. You are better off leaving it on. "Bullish" can be a good thing, it may stop morons from making stupid moves in front of you.

Agree. I was more thinking that the nudge bar would help protect the centre of the bumper bar from minor scrapes.

I also like to have a towbar fitted to my vehicles to help idiots make a smart decision to keep their braking distance. Still laugh thinking about a car sticker from a local business Enoggerra Radiator and Towbar Centre that said " My towbar, your radiator, no contest."

Appreciate the responses. I have seen cars fitted with them about town but assumed they had more a more specific purpose for them. 

A bit of extra muscle in the car park is probably no harm :D and as we intended to do a lot of kms on the hwy, once again mightn’t hurt to keep it on. Thank you again.