Out of round rear tyres

Peter Cobb

I have a 2009 Kluger fitted with 19 inch wheels and fitted new tyres that have done around 25k. On my last service I asked for a rotation, wheel alignment and balance but on inspection my mechanic recommended not to rotate. It seems that the rear tyres are out of round caused by the up and down motion of the rear suspension and any rotation would result in a vibration through the steering wheel. There is now a noise from the rear tyres that ndicates that they are in fact out of round. Has anyone experienced this problem and would replacing the shock with say a Pedders gas strut and a new set of rear tyres solve the problem.

5 minutes ago, trentmeyer23 said:

It would likely be caused by a worn shock.

Pedders is generally an expensive option. I personally prefer KYB, but any reasonably good quality shock will be fine.

Thanks for the advice. I will check these out

5 minutes ago, trentmeyer23 said:

It would likely be caused by a worn shock.

Pedders is generally an expensive option. I personally prefer KYB, but any reasonably good quality shock will be fine.

T

Consider whether to also replace the springs. Vehicle ride height should be similar on both sides of the rear.

https://perfautogroup.wordpress.com/2012/03/07/how-to-measure-vehicle-ride-height/

If you do a few trips "packed to the rafters" and/or towing a heavy trailer, now is a good time to consider upgrading to heavy duty springs. My personal preference is King Springs.