98 3.0 diesel Hilux wont run

jimkhana420

Hi everyone.

I have a 98 4x4 3.0 diesel (5l) hilux.

Engine was a low on compression and had a heap of oil leaks so I have recently gave it a basic freshen up.

I replaced rings, bearings, gave it a light hone, full gasket kit, full timing belt kit, diesel pump front seal, glow plugs, valve regrind and head planed.

Engine was reassembled correctly and to proper specs everything is correctly timed all marks line up dead on. Engine turns over fine now has plenty of compression turns over freely without any odd noises or anything out of the ordinary.

Have also bled the system, is glowing up properly, is getting fuel into injectors.

My knowledge with diesels is somewhat limited as this is my only one I've had although I have plenty of experience with petrol engines and have reassembled those before with no problems.

Everything's plugged in, all lines are on properly, its all timed properly all marks line up, its glowing up getting fuel but will not go.

I sprayed a little bit of aerostart into it today and it sounded like it wanted to go but other than that just winds over.

Just wanting to know anything else I can check or other potential issues something I may have done wrong or something I don't know before I have to send it to the mechanics as patience and time are running low.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.

16 hours ago, trentmeyer23 said:

Whilst it is getting fuel up, the pump (spill)timing may still be out.

I have pulled timing cover off and checked that all timings marks are lined up. Could pump possibly be 180 out or anything or do they only do 1 rotation

3 hours ago, jimkhana420 said:

I have pulled timing cover off and checked that all timings marks are lined up. Could pump possibly be 180 out or anything or do they only do 1 rotation

Depends if they are master splined. Spill timing is different from timing marks aligning. Google it.