2011 kxr awd major service missed - low kms

SLIMaxPower

We have owned our 2011 kxr - awd from new. Didn't do many k's but followed the scheduled toyota capped services until the first major. At that time or car was on 28 or 32K for a 40K service I think. I decided on just a general service and they would have a quick look at the rest and use their judgement, as we were considering selling and then would have had the major done for peace of mind.

Have never had an issue which wasn't WAF related. For instance, she would sit with the engine running, talking to mums with her foot on the brake and in drive. One of the computers detects this after a certain time that there is a failure and stops the engine with lots of lights on the dashboard lighting up. Senior tech at Toyota HQ explained how the system worked, so told the missus to pit it in park + hb.

Has run prem 98 for its life. Has done a little towing for work for me before I got my triton and when I blew something up in the triton. I try and open her up as often as I can - which isn't often and it performs like the day we bought it.

Now the Kluger is 7 yrs in November and is on 53K and still hasn't had a full major service and I am considering combining two. Consider that the Kluger will be kept, at what age/km is the timing belt/chain due to go or other known faults so I can plan for a overhaul at 60K :)

Have a read of this thread about the timimg chain for the 2GR-FE engine. Certainly agree on Importance to have regular oil changes.

Good idea [for your consideration] to check the timing belt tensioner at your next major service just for peace of mind that all is ok.

https://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/28693-timing-belt/

More food for thought about the lifespan of the timing chain for the 2GR-FE engine.

http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/323-corolla-10th-gen-2nd-gen-matrix-engine-transmission-forum/395971-timing-chain-replacment.html