Need help

Buddah Kahuna

Soooo I have worked that Might have replace the whole air box,  as the round part that house plugs into is part of the bottom air box,  and since you the plastic bit that's broken off,  new air box for me................

Perhaps instead on replacing the air box, you could use a plastic joiner of similar with araldite or Sikaflex to seal and hold it in position.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/10mm-Straight-Plastic-Hose-Pipe-Tube-Connector-Joiner-Air-Water-Fuel-Car-Home/270860546798?hash=item3f108bf2ee:g:~V8AAMXQAx9RJBGS

• 2 weeks later...

Or.... (dodgy suggestion coming) you could do what I did. Put a screw into that hose to seal it off. The vaccum thing it controls is to open a flap in the intake path before the air gets into the air cleaner box. I just pulled the whole flap out, it made no difference. There are 2 inlet holes into the airbox, the straightish one that is visable and another one that curves down and back up into the base of the airbox. I cannot see how restricting the airflow before the filter would be useful in any way. I also use a scangague and none of the numbers changed after I removed the flap - intake air temp, air fuel ratio, fuel per 100km. I have done over 30,000km with it out.