Aurion Engine Mounts differences?

squibby

So I'd like to replace the front engine mount on my TRD. Replacing the 'dogbone' rear mount has done a lot of good, I would expect the front and rears to be the two that take the most punishment due to the torque from the engine so I'm going to do the front also.

There appear to be several types for sale online.

a) There is some kind of hydraulic or vaccum version with tubes coming off it. I know it's not that one for my model. I guess this is some kind of 'active' engine mount

b) There are 'passive' hydraulic type engine mounts without tubes

c) I am hoping there is a solid rubber type mount, but struggling to identify them for sale online

Does anyone know if c) exists or is standard fitment on any models of aurion? Or should I be using a b)?

What do you know on this subject?

This is very interesting. I cannot offer any advice as I've never had to deal with this as such.

If you don't get a response here, try calling a local Toyota dealer and let them earn their keep.

Hopefully someone will chime in, but if not, can you let us know how you get on ?

Edited by Tony Prodigy

• 5 weeks later...

Ok, after getting quoted different prices for TRD Aurion Front mount versus All other Aurion front mounts, I noted that local sales rep strongly hinted that the word 'TRD' was making a significant difference in quoted prices. OKAYYYY??? -hint hint.

What i have learnt is, regardless of what is shown in the various pictures online for Aurion Engine mounts, they are all the same and they are all some kind of overly complex nonsense Vaccum type thing. Having changed mine for a new one, the engine still bucks more than I am used to and much more than a stock Aurion running the same enginer mount. I wish I just had a solid chunk of rubber because I can feel the slight amount of backlash coming on and off throttle, perhaps TRD developers thought we wouldn't notice.  the Aurion mount has a solenoid of some kind on it and two air tunes back to various parts of the induction system. I didn't test, but its' possible disconnecting the solenoid may or may not cause an engine light.

Either way, I'm sure it's much more comfortable than a chunk of solid rubber. The mount that had done 100,000kms had no more play in it than the brand new one, so don't waste your time with it.

Edited by squibby

• 2 weeks later...

So if you specify TRD engine mounts you get charged twice the amount or thereabouts even though all Aurions have the same mount ?

I seriously can't expect the TRD to have anything flash over a stock car. The engine has more power sure, but not enough to tear engine mounts..

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, thats about the long and short of it. They TRD does visibly buck more under hood when reving compared to my at-x, there is no doubt. But obviously not enough to wear mounts, the new was as good as the old with 100k on it.