What Spark Plugs are you guys using in your GSV - 50R Aurions ?

Hey Gents.

When are you guys replacing your plugs and what brand would you recommend? 

According to the service book it calls for replacement at 80 or 90,000 kays If I recall.

I just did an oil service over the weekend and forgot to check at least one plug.

Not that it runs badly. Still starts and runs beautifully. 

I'm sure the original Factory plugs are good for much more that 90,000 kays yes ?

Following is from my ready reference maintenance notes.

When you do go replace the plugs, NGK and Denso are usually the brands that are recommended. Ensure you get the long life iridium plugs. The regular iridium plugs don't have platinum side electrodes.

NGK Iridium Spark Plugs - Part No. DILFR6D11

NGK's Iridium IX plugs have been designed with a patented Two Stepped Centre Electrode which improves anti-fouling performance in all driving conditions.

image.thumb.png.7f30046d9ef283a253e2f0cf540468b9.png

Nice. Thanks Ash.

How long are they supposed to last and where is the best place to find them price wise ?

If my original plugs are still in top shape should I not worry about replacing even though the service Gods tell you that you must ?

Denso recommends replacement at 100,000 kms but they will last longer e.g. 100,000 miles.

http://www.globaldenso.com/en/products/aftermarket/plug/power/features.html

I sourced my plugs from eBay and got very lucky because seller listed the Denso FK20HR11 in 3 lots of 4 instead of 2 lots of 6.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/6-X-DENSO-IRIDIUM-SPARK-PLUGS-IKH20TT-Toyota-Aurion-Prado-FJ-Cruiser/122239874919?epid=0&hash=item1c76107767:g:XH8AAOSwuMFUl36K

In US Toyota recommends 120000 miles for spark plugs change, puts the 90000 km interval here in perspective :) Pretty sure they last for much longer than 90k, both FK20HR-11 and DILFR6D11.

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, LordBug said:

haha damn, I only just ordered the NGK's yesterday and didn't even think of trying the pamper20 code. Oh well! :p

What is the run on your car, that you are planning to change spark plugs?

I feel like she's a bit heavy on the fuel, sits around the 10.5~11l/100 mark with my style of driving, whereas my old trd with more kms on the clock would an easy 1l/100 lower than that with the same style of driving. Changing out the plugs is a cheap enough exercise in my books, also going to do an injector clean (in my ultrasonic cleaner) and have a rebuild kit on the way, because what the heck.
Mostly curiosity as opposed to necessity really