2017 Toyota Corolla ZR major faults/failure?

Toyota Corolla Zr 2017 Automatic.

46km on clock! 

Had an additional parking sensors installed on car-optional extra-after i went through with deposit. 

Tested fine-demo drove twice-no issue. My stepdad drove it back home, fine, my stepdad drove it to the pedal extension fitters-again no issue. i drove it home, worked fine for several months-no problems.

• Rev's extremely high
  • and speed gets stuck on 40 or 60km at same time
  • Brakes will work no issues.
  • Worse when warm
  • Strangely no fault lights on dashboard to indicate major issue or fault-and yet obvious is!

Eventually car does function as normal, only to malfunction several hours later.

RACV was called to work? No idea of problem and unable to recreate the issue. I was towed home , and was able to put it in drive way-and was able to reverse out of drive way on Wednesday in preparation for tow number 2.

Have since had it towed to where i purchased.  

What are my rights?

I since had dash cam fitted before problems occured.

If the worse factor does mean car has to be replaced with another.

• Legally i have to drive with extension pedals-its in my licence now-which means i can't even test drive a car anymore! its also not toyota related-so that going to be refitted out of my own pocket.
  • So working out how to get it down is going to be another issue! my stepdad did it last time, but he had hip replacement so can;t drive now! mum has 3 children with disabilities including myself-so abit hard for her to help me out!  
  • Dash cam will have to be reinstalled at cost from my own pocket-as that is also non toyota related.
  • It is being paid off with loan through RACV but i am ahead of repayments so far.

its still under NEW car warranty thankfully!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Nope it doesn't happen when you accelerate hard while turning out out of driveway or over a gutter. As stated before, it happens during stop start conditions-eg roundabouts, causing people to cut in front of me, and then it can happen on main straight road as well just after a long period of stopping and the car will sudden go no where, and accelorator will fai-as i said beforre it alsmost caused an accident-its not normal CVT behaviour in any shape or form as nearly all the small cars on our road are CVT and you don't see them jumping jerking, shuddering and shaking, nor crawling at snail speedl. I believe their is fault with this vehicle-faulty Elecontric Control Module-eg computer glitch causing misfiring but this simply glitch could lead to serious and fatal accident! the problem is Toyota diagnostic cannot detect this glitch!!  This glitch can also cause steering issues, accelorator failure, and brake failure! literally a ticking time bomb!

Edited by Toyotas Forever

Take it back to a another Toyota dealership, but NOT the one you have been going back too, Just tell them you have bad hesitation on accelerating away from a stand still and they will reflash the CVT ECU, the more you rant and rave the more you will confuse the sh*t out of them,

Keep it simple and to the point

Continuously Variable Transaxle (CVT) Software Update

Background:
Toyota previously announced Special Service Campaign J0D, which involved performing a software update to the CVT control software to address the condition described below. Following the completion of the software update in Special Service Campaign J0D, Toyota dealers received reports from some customers stating that the vehicle experienced harsh shifting and/or abnormal engine RPM between shifts.

These issues occurred close to the completion date of the campaign and/or within relatively low mileage from the completion of the campaign remedy, prompting Toyota to suspend Special Service Campaign J0D.

Toyota has now identified the cause of these issues and has developed a new remedy. Special Service Campaign JSD, which replaces Special Service Campaign J0D, applies this new remedy. Owners of all vehicles previously involved in Special Service Campaign J0D, including those who have previously completed Special Service Campaign J0D, are requested to visit an authorized Toyota dealer to have Special Service Campaign JSD performed.

Condition:
An Electronic Control Unit (ECU) in the subject vehicles has improper programming that could lead a component inthe Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) to unnecessarily cycle and experience abnormal wear. If this component becomes damaged, the Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) may illuminate in the instrument cluster and the vehicle could experience a reduction of speed. After reaching a pre-determined gear ratio, the vehicle can be operated up to approximately 37 mph.

Remedy:
Any authorized Toyota dealer will inspect the CVT control software and, if necessary, perform an update for that software at NO CHARGE. After inspecting the software and, if necessary, performing the software update, the CVT solenoid valve controlling the gear ratio in the CVT will be inspected* and, if necessary, the CVT valve body assembly will be replaced at NO CHARGE. A portion of the CVT solenoid valve inspection process requires the dealer technician to test drive the vehicle for a certain distance and at certain speeds.

Edited by CONROD