Aurion wheel nut sizes

Justodod

Hi, should be a quick one/probably stupid question.

I have a 2007 aurion at-x and have the stock standard 16" wheels with the plastic fake alloy covers.

I have just bought a set of Toyota 16" alloys from a 2010 Camry hybrid and went to fit them tonight.

When I put the first wheel on I noticed that the hole for the wheel nuts is bigger than the rims I have on the car already. 

So I just want to know if I need wider wheel nuts because the rims are different. Or are they all just the same 21mm nuts for all aurion/Camry wheels?

Thanks in advance

In general, Toyota steel wheels use the same style 60-degree taper cone nut that most aftermarket wheels use (although there are arguements about whether steel nuts should be used on alloy wheels and vice versa), and are designed to tighten on the cone face - the hole in the wheel is also only a couple of mm bigger than the diameter of the stud.  Toyota alloy wheels however use a square-shouldered shank nut (with captive washer) like Trent posted, which are designed to fit through the hole in the wheel and tighten down on the washer face, and as such have a much bigger hole in the wheel compared to the stud size in order to accept the shank.