campbeam

Which water repellent products would you recommend using on the windscreens

I bought the Invisible Glass brand products today on special at SuperCheap. I applied the water repellent to both front and rear windscreens. Surprisingly, we had some afternoon showers so the product got put to the test sooner than expected. Actually quite happy with the water beading as expected and improved visibility. Early days so do not know how long before a reapplication will be required.

Now thinking [after the event] whether another brand e.g. Rain-X produces superior results and worth paying extra.

http://search.supercheapauto.com.au/search?af= pagetype%3aproducts&lbc=supercheapauto-au&method=and&p=Q&ts=custom&uid=992980955&w=invisible glass&isort=price

I have always been concerned about buildup over time and the potential for yellowing or some other form of hazing making it difficult to see through.

I've used the Rainx water repellent after using their glass scrub on my windows. I must say after following a video on YouTube on how to get the best results from it, it worked an absolute treat. Driving in the rain was great, the water beaded easily of the windscreen on the front and rear. It's made it just that bit safer when driving in heavy rain conditions. I haven't had any issues since I applied the coating almost a year or more ago.

I was pretty impressed overall for literally 20-30 minutes of work, that I recommended it to my parents. I put in some time to do both of their cars, ironically enough it rained not long after and they both said how well it worked.