Newbie w Bullbar Query

Drums72

Hi all,

Recently lucky enough to buy a 2018 VX Cruiser... They have KDSS on em. Question is this;

Do I have to upgrade the suspension when I put a bullbar on? Im going with aftermarket (ARB/TJM). I have been told no need as the KDSS sorts the extra front end weight.

Any feedback is appreciated. 

Hi Lincoln.

It depends.

KDSS will not compensate for the bullbar.  It is not designed to anything like that.

The existing OEM suspension will cope with an ARB/TJM steel bar.  The car will sag a bit on the front, but apart from that, you shouldn't notice any performance difference.  However, if you are considering later to add a winch, roof rack or other accessories that affect the front aspect, you will need to seriously consider a suspension/shocks upgrade.

You may want to consider a lighter alternative - for instance, the SmartBar (another ARB product) or a alloy bar.

When I said it depends - it depends on what you are going to use the car for.  If you are planning a lot of off road work, that will require 'ups and downs' (as opposed to just standard dirt roads), you would probably want to consider a suspension upgrade anyway.  If you aren't going to put the car under much stress, the existing suspension will provide good service for many years.

(now 2017 GXL)

Edited by Woodduck5

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Geoff,

I went with the genuine alloy bullbar... got one brand new with all bits n pieces just getting it fitted tomorrow...

Edited by Drums72