Brilliant Drive + The Muffler is going

Hi Guys,

Went on the drive we did a few weeks back up the pacific highway heading up towards Gosford again on the weekend and to those who havent done it i would highly recommend it. Brilliant for testing out the handling and mid-range acceleration...Just try n not run into any cliff faces ;) ;) Almost came unstuck on 1 corner though.....wasnt pretty :blink::blink:

Also

Im pulling the X-Force muffler off the s'tivo :( :( as its not to professional when im wheeling clients around in this car and it sounds like an F1 car :D :D :D So

im having to compensate for clients comfort as the customer is always priority ;) ;) and am selling it for $200. If anyone is interested i can post/email a few pics. It cost me $350 brand new from a friend. So unfortunatly the days of the M2 tunnel are over :( :( :( Man i love nailing it through their it would give an F1 car a run for its money ;) ;) Anyway if there is any interest send me a PM or a post here.

Cheers

Bill

To be completly honest with you i dont know. But from my dyno sheets bearing in mind that they were done on differenet dyno's probably using different settings this is what i saw.

When i was 100% standard it rated on average bout 101kw ATW this was in shoot out mode (i got a max of 103kw :D and a min of 98kw :( - did 10 runs all up).

When i got the car unichipped the dyno that was done which is when the car was standard except for the muffler it rated 99kw ATW for the standard plotting. Now i wasnt there when this was done so i dont know how many runs where done, if i actually achieved higher with other runs done and this plotting was put to show that i got larger gains from the unichip (but the guy seemed really honest so i dont think this is the case) So in actual fact i have no averages to show you other than this rating.

Now these were 2 different dyno's under different temps as the first was a 35 degree day and the second was done at night. The first was in shootout mode and the other wasnt so that is also a difference. But as you can see the results were pretty close. People can make up their own minds im not out to convince anyone one way or the other.

BUT

To combat the problem that every1 kept saying that you loose power this is what i had done. The exhaust place extended my piping as the inlet for the muffler was a bit lower and more in the middle than the standard inlet with a pipe which was 1/8 of an inch smaller than the main piping and also the silencer is there as well which can be closed slightly or even completly to create back pressure. Obviously not as much or maybe to much over the standard one but this is simply what i did.

So what is my conclusion.

If i lost power i didnt notice it. Maybe i did, maybe i didnt or maybe what i had done helped i dont knw. I really dont have conclusive tests which show on the same dyno on the same day under the approximate same conditions a plot before the muffler and after putting the muffler on.

Thats my honest opinion.

I will post a few pics when i get home tonight.

Cheers

Bill

Hi All,

I too am selling my XForce Muffler. $230.00. My muffler can be bolted on and off. I had a custom flange put on it, cost a bit extra, but at least i can remove it without having to weld and deweld it. i can take photo's of it if you like.

If you are interested, PM me. :D

Sounds awesome!

Similar exhaust to Xoom's...different model that's all.

-Chris

Hi All,

I too am selling my XForce Muffler. $230.00. My muffler can be bolted on and off. I had a custom flange put on it, cost a bit extra, but at least i can remove it without having to weld and deweld it. i can take photo's of it if you like.

If you are interested, PM me.  :D

Sounds awesome!

Similar exhaust to Xoom's...different model that's all.

-Chris

:P :P :P hey tiger, get ya own thread :P :P

Hi guys,

posted a few pic of the muffler on the car. Have now put the stocker back on :( but the clients are happy :D

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/gallery/au?page=21

Cheers

Bill

ps will take some pics of the muffler on its own wen i get a chance. I believe from looking at it also the smaller added piping has been left on it as well need to look at it a bit closer as i was in a rush today.