Questions about 2002 Hilux Workmate

JoshR1

I am looking to buy a bullbar for my hilux

Will this http://www.tjm.com.au/en-oceania/product/tjm-signature-alloy-bull-bar-suits-toyota-hilux-2001-2005?make=24&model=233&vehicle=238&series=238 fit my car? And if not, where can I find one similar that will fit?

thanks,

cant see why not -

But.....

your location says NT so that makes me think you might actually expect your bar to work against them big bad jumpin rats rather than just be somewhere to hang your lights off - alloy bars have a nasty habit of folding straight back onto the bonnet if you hit anything so i would do your homework & consider a steel one as well. Talk to others is your area to see what they have found works etc.

only other thing is make sure if you have airbags the bar has the relevant bracketry to suit the airbags. They have either crumple zones built in or brackets designed to work with the airbags that fit between the bar & chassis

Rgds

G.

Thanks. Actually have another question about the airbags, because I'm not sure if I have one. I have a dash light for airbag fault but there's nothing else that makes me think there is one. There is no engraving on the steering wheel, nothing in the owners book and nothing on carguide

Hey Josh,

optional on that model so some do/ some dont... could be one or two fitted depending how much you spent at the time.   if no logo on wheel then pretty safe to assume not but you should find two phillips screws behind the wheel to remove the horn button = behind the spokes.

lift off the horn button & you will see etc

now to be sure to be sure... just disconnect the battery before you do that - the french chalk they put inside airbags is hard to wash out of your hair...  :)

also under the dash you should see various yellow wiring looms running about the place - this is the pre-wiring for airbags put in at the factory. when you get them as an option the wiring is already in place. if you follow the ones to the steering column you may see they stop at a suitable point.

this might be of use for you to have a look at the diagrams before operating

https://www.megazip.net/zapchasti-dlya-avtomobilej/toyota/hilux-4runner-truck-42451/rzn149-57015/rzn149r-prmskq-934861#grp=&s=air

not sure i have exact model there but you can go up one level to select the exact etc.

dont sniff the chalk......

;)

If you have air bags mate you should have 2 air bag sensors ( yellow ) under the bonnet sitting pretty close to the radiator support panel, to activate the bags.

I too have the symbols on my instrument cluster and the wiring is under the hood, but taped off and terminated OEM