My previous car did have one problem that seemed odd

To be fair, the Hyundai dealer did fix the problems I had under warranty. Some people even said that was a sign I should’ve stuck with Hyundai. If we accept the universe is infinite in size then I’m sure out there, on another Earth, there is another version of me driving his new Hyundai Sonata.

One problem, which did get fixed under warranty, was my problem with the steering wheel. The rubber, or whatever it was, slowly started to come apart in the grip of my right hand.

Hyundai replaced the the steering wheel under warranty. But even the new steering wheel started to “dissolve”. I stopped the problem by putting a steering wheel cover on it, only a very small amount disappeared this time. 

This was a problem I’ve had in no other car I’ve owned. It sticks in my memory as the oddest car problem I’ve ever had.

The manual gearbox also had problems. Again, that was fixed under warranty. Just meant I was off the road for weeks, from memory.

I guess that other version of me, on the other Earth, owned a Hyundai Accent that gave him no problems.

Interesting to hear your experiences with Hyundai. I can remember earlier excel models only being on the road because of warranty repairs/replacements. Admitedly Hyundai have improved since then but we never considered Hyundai brand when we bought new cars in 1998 and 2010, only Toyota.

Interesting that Toyota continues with a 3 year warranty while other brands have extended their warranty out to 7 years presumably to promote sales. Guess this reflects consumer confidence in the Toyota product.

Although I am not a potential new car buyer, there are certain car manufacturers that I will boycott their product because of their unethical behaviour [in my opinion] e.g. VW Group, Jeep, Ford, Holden.

Enjoy driving your new 2018 Camry.

Yes, interesting that KIA has a 7 year warranty but I don’t think I’d feel comfortable buying a KIA. I’m sure there are plenty of happy KIA drivers but it’s just not for me.

I used to like the look of the Volkswagen Jetta. But that was before I read the bad news stories about Volkswagen. 

I think I made a safe bet by returning to Toyota.