Zr6 trd aurion DYNO

20180821_132050.mp4Hi people its been a while since ive been on here just got my zr6 which is pratically a trd aurion put on the dyno with some mods alot of people have said stuff on this forum about dynos but i couldn't really find any hard straight forward dyno stats. Car currently has headers and y pipe 3inch exhaust with varex going into one muffler 2nd muffler was deleted. Also k&n intake and a 2.55inch pulley been put on.has not been tuned yet planning on doing that soon.

20180821_132050.mp4

210 KW at the wheels indicates that the engine must be producing 281 KW. This is based upon an expected 25% difference between engine and wheels.

Following thread shows results of 155.18 KW for a modified Aurion [non supercharged].

https://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/25689-custom-y-pipe-result-better-than-150hp/?page=3

1 hour ago, campbeam said:

210 KW at the wheels indicates that the engine must be producing 281 KW. This is based upon an expected 25% difference between engine and wheels.

Following thread shows results of 155.18 KW for a modified Aurion [non supercharged].

https://au.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/25689-custom-y-pipe-result-better-than-150hp/?page=3

25% is a pretty conservative number for a FWD car, although being auto would also play in to it.  Then again, dynos being dynos means you can really only compare same day, same dyno results, or at least same dyno same car (for before/after).

The video is in the description im not to sure how to upload videos on this if i did it correctly. Was anyone able to watch the video ? I do have the sheet will update soon. But yes before the mods when i first installed the supercharger car was 188.5kw atw with mods it is now 210kw atw. Most people say the ecu cant be tuned without a piggyback but i think for a simple reflash you can speak to s.a.s perfomance in seven hills david seems pritty confidnent he can tune the factory ecu but he will soon be installing my xede piggy back in conjuction with the factory ecu because im plaining on going e85 and also replacing the stock supercharger with the larger tvs1900 model. Dont want to blow the engine so going e85 is cheaper than building the engine internals for now i was told going any more boost would damaged the pistons and rods but if i go with e85 it allows for more boost without engine knocking but obviously i cant go as far with the boost as i could if internals wer done but im trying to max out the car with stock internals hopefully looling for 280kw atw thats the target.

As of yet the ecu has not been tuned yet waiting until tomorow to get a answer from sas performance on how much the e85 set up will be he said most likely will need the xede piggy back in conjuction with tuning the stock ecu to get it working. The headers i got them from a place in the Philippines headers and y pipe they are made for the v6 camry xc40 which is the same as the aurion here in australia. Yes thry will fit n.a they r the same headers. The company is called speedlab it was abit difficult to get them back and forth multiple emails if you contact them dont tell them you have an aurion because they will insist that it wont fit your car but after explaining 100 times that it is the same as the v6 camry 06-09 model i just said ok i have a camry can u sell them to me or not. But only problem is the cats are deleted so you will gdt the engine light come up but tuner said after tune he can get rid of it so fingers crossed. Costed me around $950 with postage if i can remember right 1 place quoted me in sydney 2100 for custom headers and y pipe.

Yes the car started off as a series 2 facelift zr6 then the trd parts where put onto it. Could of saved money and just bought a trd but orginally i didnt want one then things changed but also wanted to have all the extra features that the series 2 zr6 had with the trd engine. So the doors without the side strip a few little features like the rear tail lights s2 the rear curtain shade the memory seats and mirrors which the trd does not have the lights for the sun visor mirror and a few little bits and bobs so you could call this like a series 2 trd. Seeing how the series 1 was based off the zr6 and never carried on to make it to series 2.

15364682043031554392452540682912.jpg

15364682256371962350537763505845.jpg

15364682884093272026439581965855.jpg

Ive also got the 3500s interior which i prefer over the 3500sl but with all the features of the sl and more its kind of a very custom unique trd aurion now. Really wanted the series 2 headlights that are much nice design but problem is they dont fit the trd front bumper which i foumd out the hard way so had to mske a choice and went with the bumper.

What tyre ,wheels and suspension do you run. I was haveing traction issues so I changed to Koya sfo1 18/8 with 245/40/18 nito invos, and bc coilovers, this has made a big difference, the rim and tyre weight is 19. Something kg, not sure of the weight reduction from the suspension, also are you going to improve the valve body,clutches and cooler of the u660e transmission, maybe lsd6D0B79DF-55AA-46BA-BA4A-86B34272E0F6.thumb.jpeg.589bb7e6aaf82539add10383b527386f.jpeg

Yeah that’s a disadvantage of the front wheel drive, you can’t just drop the axles and change the center, I spoke to simply sports cars it’s about 4hours labour if the transmission is removed from the car already. They have the same parts as monkey wrench raceing it’s just there website doesn’t list everything they have it needs to be updated, didn’t get a price on the lsd, so that’s very handy haveing an Aussie store with parts and tech support,  

SSC said that the transmission is more than capable of taking intake, exhaust, tvs1900 charger mods, I asked if the lotus engine was any different to the aurion engine and there is none, they modify the engines with forged pistons and rods for the race track 

before I did wheel tyre suspension change I was keen to put the lsd in, axle tramp was terrible didn’t mater how smooth the surface was, with heavier springs and adjustable dampening I can dial it out, and set it back to comfort for normal driving. With the right combo the ebd works well for simulating the lsd for straight line acceleration, always got to be cautious with cornering don’t give the front wheels to many tasks,