Bit_Locker

Rugged X Hilux idling high

Hi All

Sorry if this has been asked before but my new HiLux Rugged X has suddenly started to idle high (900 rpms). I know they do a DPF burn-off but its been weeks and I have travel more than enough at high speed to burn it off (car has only done 2,900K's). I've checked the idle high switch and that seems to do nothing i.e. it doesn't make the car idle high if I engage it. Does this mean there is something wrong with the car? I've noticed fuel use is up slightly from 9.7 to  11.1.

As its brand new, wouldn't a trip to Toyota be the wise move to make, rather than have everyone second guess what it could be , such as : you haven't got the A/C on ?

Hi there,

The ute 2017 model 2.8ltr i drive at work does also idles high at times I don't know

why it does it. It seems the way it is designed to run.  It could be over 1000x even without A/C on.

If you think it is unusual better see the dealership being still under warranty.

Good luck

Noel

Thanks guys and no, the aircon isnt on. Just wondered if this was normal never having own a lux before but I'll get it checked out.