Noise from object rolling/rattling inside cabin - where to start looking?

EuRoZac

G'Day everyone.

After some help on places I should start looking to track down a, insanely annoying roll/rattle inside the cabin of my 2015 Aurion Sportivo (2nd hand from a dealer last week). 
It sounds to be coming from around the console or driver's foot fell but could even be inside the driver's door.  It's hard to pinpoint as you need to be driving - unless anyone has any other tips?

The dealer yesterday (end of warranty service) said they thought they found it as a loom under the gear shifter - I was dubious; and correct.  It happend again as I was driving it home.

I'm not confident they'll spend any time actually looking for it and play the "second hand vehicle" card despite buying it from them.  It could be something from the factory - or something the previous owner (fleet vehicle) fitted and/or removed.

In the near term future I'll be swapping out the speakers, etc. so will have an opportunity to pull out the factory H/U so looking for ideas or places to look to see if I can find it.

On the way home from the dealer - 
https://youtu.be/zgYZdCQ1KmM

And heading back to the dealership this morning -
https://youtu.be/xHeXcCRpDn4

I'm not an "aggressive" driver; the key seems to be gentle acceleration/deceleration and has been most noticeable when the vehicle is on an incline apart from the initial video which was recorded on flat ground moving between forward and reverse.

It all started the day after I picked it up - 
https://youtu.be/La0otAQIgo8

Roll/rattle of component recorded switching between forward and reverse travelling around 5 - 10m with gentle acceleration and braking.
The sample can be heard - 
13 second mark
38 second mark
46 - 49 second mark - very faint, then a few recurrences 
58 - 1:00 second mark - a few recurrences

Any insights, or thoughts would be welcomed.

Don’t scare me like that!

Geez, I hope it isn’t.

She stayed overnight at the dealership which I’m hoping is a good sign that they’ve managed to hear it, not just my recordings and that they are zeroing in on it.

Got a call this morning just before 8am (they kept her overnight but did give me a loan car - top marks there).

They found a pen in the cavity box between the carpet and floor under the driver's seat that apparently was rolling and bumping in to a cable channel that runs towards the front of the vehicle.

Seems plausible at least about the channel, not sure on the sound though.  The "premium" sound system for the Aurion has the amp mounted under the driver's seat from what I can tell, so there's likely a conduit for the pre-outs to run though to the amp rather than combined with the main car harness and looms.   I'm hopeful at least!

They said one of the mechanics has had a pencil (assume AAA or AA) battery in the same spot which is how they found it or at least thought to look there.

Driving from the dealership this morning and then back home tonight, touch wood, I haven't heard it again.

The real test will be the next 2 - 3 days along my normal route, but fingers crossed!

Hopefully (fingers crossed) closing out this topic!

I haven't managed to reproduce the noise since picking up on Thursday last week and driving the same route a few times where I would normally hear it.

Now I can drive with the stereo on again so that I don't need to keep the cabin quite to make certain it wasn't still there!

@jeffy - how do I mark as closed/answered?

For anyone else who comes along this thread in a few years, if you hear a noise inside the cabin when the slowly and gently accelerate/decelerate, check the plastic box that is a void between the floor carpet and chassis, near where the premium sound package amp would be installed under the drivers seat.

Apparently items you drop between the drivers seat and the console can make their way through the flap in the carpet and end up in here.

Thanks mate! Its OP's like you that update and tell us how the fault was fixed that make this forum useful to other Camry owners chasing "those little" faults.

• Thanks 1