Is this deal too good to be true

Hey all, long time reader.
I have recently been looking at purchasing a van to turn into a camper, especially the toyota commuter due io its large size.

Noww.... i have the opportunity to buy a 2010 model, turbo diesel for $10,000.The catch is that it has 480,000km on the clock and there is no log book service history/receipts.
Im sure everyone would say to steer clear of this but then there are a few things that make me feel this is a really good deal.
- one owner & driver(selling privately)
- ex disabled person taxi (had the whole wheel chair lift in the back)
- everything has minimal scratches/dents which makes me think it wasnt just abused
The owner told me the workshop he got it serviced and thought i would investigate, called up and said he didnt have records saved on a computer but driving past i notced a few taxis in there, must be a common spot the drivers take them to?
Upon looking in the engine back, eveything looked clean, timing belt had been replaced 20,000km ago earlier this year which makes me think the services do check out.
The owner also told me being the kind of work the car does it requires inspections every 6 months (south aus) to ensure everything is sweet which again makes me feel better about the no history.
The last thing i can say his reason for selling it is that the car has to be no older than 8 years for this kind of work, and being an october 2010 model and now its november 2018....
Sooooo a lot of these things check out for what i can research, which is why i think its a good deal butttt i just would like a few randoms opinions, rather than asking friends and family whom i would get a bit more of a biased answer.

Is this a good deal or a potentional lemon???? Thanks!!

I have my own "biased" opinions about both low mileage and high mileage vehicles.

Consider the service life of the various components in the drive train, the suspension and steering etc.

A potential worst case scenario is having to replace the engine, transmission, drive shafts and wheel bearings during the next 12-24 months. If that prospect has not deterred you, then consider further about the purchase.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Bladebringer said:

I looked at myself varaint Tata Tiago Look here please. What can you say about this car? 

What do you mean by looked at? It is a small vehicle the size of a Mazda 2, Hyundai I20, Toyota Yaris. Quite simply it is not going to meet your family needs as you have described them.

https://www.tatatiago.com/assets/images/downloads/content/brochures/Brochure.pdf

Our car for this has ceased to be comfortable after the birth of the second baby

You have not specifically stated the details of your car so I am guessing that you are referring to a 2014 Corolla [Hatchback?]

What option can you advise?

Based upon personal experience, I would recommend a Toyota Camry/Aurion sedan. Due to unexpected circumstances [twins], we were able to fit 3 car seats in the back. Boot was big enough to fit the twin pram and groceries. For interstate trips, we towed a heavy duty box trailer so plenty od room for the pram, nappies and suitcases etc

17 hours ago, campbeam said:

You've almost certainly just replied to a spambot.  The Tiago is not sold in the Australian market, so why would someone from WA be looking at one?