DPF’s & Hilux

domthepom

Hi guys be nice I’m new here.  Currently the proud owner of a 2009 Prado as the family bus, but thinking of getting a Hilux for myself, currently looking at this:  https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2014-Toyota-Hilux-SR5-Manual-4x4-MY14-Double-Cab/OAG-AD-16092487

just curious to know if it has a DPF, if so what year did they start fitting DPF’s to the D4D?

cheers.

Hi there welcome,

Normally cars that were built around 2009 onwards

are fitted with DPF. But you can check underneath if it has one.

Normally it is after the catalytic converter, there you see it.

Good luck

Noel

Hey Dom,

In Aus Hilux's only have DPF's on the 1GD-FTV (2.8) or 2GD-FTV (2.4) engines released here from 2015.

Lots of troubles with DPF's but equally lots of work has been done with them so its both a good & bad thing…….

Try this -

https://www.dieseltuningaustralia.com.au/dpf-delete/#1502273870676-882bda24-2a92

or

https://www.whichcar.com.au/news/low-emission-toyota-turbodiesel-destined-for-australia

rgds

G.

• Thanks 1

DPFs are the norm now for diesels to meets euro 5 emissions, both light and heavy vehicles, some use DPF, some use Adblue.

If you potter around the suburbs all day long, do a lot of short trips with the engine barely getting up to operating temp, expect trouble.

They NEED to be able to do a REGEN, BURN OFF,

What ever make the vehicle is do your research as to what is required for that particular vehicle to perform the above

• 3 years later...

You can't beat a Toyota Hilux  !!!

I have a 2014 hilux diesel auto which is always serviced by Toyota service dealer bought it at 30000 now done 144000km .
I also have a 2021 sr5 cruiser purchased new done 30,000km and it is primo . I don't let it idle and Both I drive hard ...thats what they like !!
Some negative reviews where people do not get toyota to service them then you will get problems.
If you drive like a snail you will have a problem with dpf filter clogging or town driving only..... is the same ...all the instructions say when dpf light comes on regeneration in certain models then min 80km hr for min 45 min ...do people listen ....Nooooooooo
This is not just for toyota this is all brands of diesels ...90% of the time don't blame the vehicle .....trade in the driver !!!
and don't put Gull diesel in your hilux .....only do that if you want engine problems and lack of power ...
Then you get some clowns that say it slides in wet all utes do ...put 4 sandbags in back it will drive like a different vehicle ...
The rotors will warp if you wash it while still hot so don't do that
So if your a grandad driver or you only drive around town that are short runs don't buy a diesel.... buy a petrol.......because all late model diesels don't like to be treated this way .

You only have problems also if it's been serviced by a donkey .
Toyota service from New its cheap don't be a tight ***** ....hehe
Face facts thats why toyota is number one ask any toyota driver on the road that doesn't drive like a snail and doesn't do around town driving only ..
I am a dealer and I sell a different brand of diesel ....
Fiat Ducato and they are identical to the hilux...(respect them and they respect you ) but we always educate the owners of the correct operation .

• Like 1