HELP! Hilux not starting / Electrical issue...?

Fray Dogg

Hi Crew 

I have a 2007 Hilux GGN25R with the 4L V6 Auto (1GR-FE
Awesome truck that has never missed a beat, until....

Parked it up in the driveway the other night, went to start it the next day & nothing....
Only sound I can hear when I turn the key is the fuel pump (I suspect)

Battery is fine (12.7v) & tried a jump as well, nothing...
No noise or clicking from the starter motor to indicate its a starter solenoid (wasn't making any bad sounds previous either)

I've check both main starter relays / fuses as well, (one behind the battery, the other in beside the glove box) even swapped them out with my mates late model FJ Landcruiser which has the same engine, His truck started with my relays installed, mine didn't start with his installed.
When I turn the key with no ST relay (the one in the fuse box behind the battery) installed, you can hear the fuel pump noise come on at the ACC point on turning the key... (as opposed to only hearing it when turning  the key to the start position with the ST relay in place)

I've researched as much as I could for other fuse info to see if I could pin-point anything... one thing that has been suggested is the transmission lock for sensing when it is in park (P) to safety start it could be faulty... but I cant find any info for checking this with a fuse or sensor etc...

I'm a bit lost with this issue now & have a dead truck sitting in my driveway!!!

Any info / suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks   

Have you tried starting it in Neutral.

Next step have your hand brake firmly on and whilst holding the key in the start position move the auto selector down through reverse, drive etc and see if it kicks.

With your headlights on, do they dim excessively when you turn the key to try and start it,indicating a dead short in the starting circuit, a cable hasn't melted some where down underneath somewhere or the smaller wire leading to the starter solenoid has come off/ broken. Climb under and check the inhibitor switch wiring plug for loosness

Edited by CONROD