Article on Corolla 1zz Detune : Eg. Petes car :P

http://editorial.carsales.com.au/mellor/me...A25712C00096118

New emissions laws force Toyota to drop Corolla's performance outputs for 2006

9 March 2006

THE 1.8-litre engine powering Toyota’s top-selling Corolla has been detuned, dropping from 100kW of power and 171Nm of torque to 93kW and 161Nm.

A Toyota Australia spokesperson said this week that the changes were necessary in order to comply with tougher emissions regulations in force from January 1.

They affect models built from October 2005. No other changes have been made to the car, other than prices rising – the range now starts from $19,850.

Despite the changes, and the fact that a key selling point has gone, Toyota is having no trouble selling the Corolla – 3395 rolled out of showrooms last month alone.

An all-new Corolla is due for release in 2007.

you had better jump into the garage pete and see what you build plates say .......

You know Bill once we hit the strip if pete beats u ur never gona live it down :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hahha thats whyim buying your sportivo exhaust and my AEM CAI is on its way :P

wooo hooo

another AEM for Sydney :)

if you need help with the unstall Bill, just let me know, but I reakon you should be sweet with it, you're pretty cluey

Did the corolla really output that much emissions to begin with? Or is just Toyota being anal?

I always thought the corolla to be a environmentally friendly car. (What they should do is ban those 15 year old car that emit a hugh black cloud when the accelerate!)

wooo hooo

if you need help with the unstall Bill, just let me know, but I reakon you should be sweet with it, you're pretty cluey

Hey Guys just to confirm, for the AEM intake

FOr my 1zz i just get the Corolla XR and not the Corolla XRS which you Stivos would get

wooo hooo

FOr my 1zz i just get the Corolla XR and not the Corolla XRS which you Stivos would get

Bill, the model you are after is: 21-469. Cannot remember if it is for XR or XRS :huh: I think maybe they were the same...i cannot recall, but that is what has worked for me :)

Advice on the install...ignore the seppo instructions and perhaps get a different nut as opposed to the locknut supplied for the securing bracket near the fuse box, incase you intend on taking the intake on and off. Oh, also...the allen screws they provide you for the air flow sensor, maybe the range of tools in my local area sucks, but i could not get a key to fit those little screws, so i had to get handy with needle nose plyers :P

wooo hooo

Bill, the model you are after is: 21-469. Cannot remember if it is for XR or XRS :huh: I think maybe they were the same...i cannot recall, but that is what has worked for me :)

Advice on the install...ignore the seppo instructions and perhaps get a different nut as opposed to the locknut supplied for the securing bracket near the fuse box, incase you intend on taking the intake on and off. Oh, also...the allen screws they provide you for the air flow sensor, maybe the range of tools in my local area sucks, but i could not get a key to fit those little screws, so i had to get handy with needle nose plyers :P

Thanks MINTOS :P

Yeah i spoek to a guy over there and the 21-469 is for the 1ZZ and the 21-466 is for the Stivo. SO all is good.

Just got the stivo Zorst on. THey flanged it and added a little bit of 2 1/4 inche piping to make sure it was 2 1/4 all the way from the cat!

One thing i notice after a bit of a thrashing, (as Xoom had the zorst in his garage for years) is alot more responsiveness down low. ALso revs quicker :) so im happy with the Sportivo zorst upgrade!!!!

So does anyone know what the 2007 Release corolla is gonna look like???? :blink: Come bill your good at this link us up some pickies!! :D

I reseach for a Job of course i can find stuff

here you go

http://www.motortrend.com/future/concept_c...toyota_corolla/

112_0509_spied_corolla01_l.jpg

And then i found this!!!!!!!!!!

http://newcelica.org/forums/showthread.php?t=178775

1wrct.jpg

Edited by SyxXPaC

http://editorial.carsales.com.au/mellor/me...A25712C00096118

New emissions laws force Toyota to drop Corolla's performance outputs for 2006

9 March 2006

THE 1.8-litre engine powering Toyota’s top-selling Corolla has been detuned, dropping from 100kW of power and 171Nm of torque to 93kW and 161Nm.

A Toyota Australia spokesperson said this week that the changes were necessary in order to comply with tougher emissions regulations in force from January 1.

They affect models built from October 2005. No other changes have been made to the car, other than prices rising – the range now starts from $19,850.

Despite the changes, and the fact that a key selling point has gone, Toyota is having no trouble selling the Corolla – 3395 rolled out of showrooms last month alone.

An all-new Corolla is due for release in 2007.

Yeah, I can't believe how long it took for this info to appear in the media ... we actually saw official word from Toyota back in December 05 ...

Previous topic ...

What this new story failed to mention, or Toyota failed to advise them, is an electronic fly-by-wire throttle has been fitted instead of the old cable one, all part of the "downgrade" :P